Practice Lead- PMO - NSW & QLD
The PMO Practice Lead works closely with the Client Development team to build and maintain client relationships and develop opportunities and works with the local delivery Practice Leads to ensure the successful end to end implementation of our solutions.
As PMO Practice Lead you will oversee the PMO function for a particular location(s). You will provide leadership to all members of the PMO, overseeing the success of the project portfolio and acting as the escalation point for more significant issues or risks. Working with your PMO Practice Manager, this role shares the responsibility for the recovery rate in the office and ensures the expected utilisation of the PMO team. As such, you are responsible for understanding and managing the capacity and capability of the team. The Practice Lead will also manage projects and / or programs, where required.
- Support business change, acting as a single point of contact for senior stakeholders, facilitating relationships between them. Ensures that stakeholders understand available IT services, and promotes financial and commercial awareness in order to deliver value-for-money.
- Conduct analysis of demand for services and influences stakeholders to ensure that the necessary investments are made to deliver required services.
- Oversee monitoring of relationships including lessons learned and appropriate feedback.
- Initiate improvement in services, products and systems.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that customers are assisted and advised properly.
- Ensures that reliable cost, effort and risk estimates and project plans are produced.
- Provide input into sales support activities, ensuring appropriate input into PMO related content and pricing of bids and sales proposals.
- Provides input into quality and/or environmental improvement
- Design the application of appropriate quality management techniques for projects in region
- Initiate improvements to processes by changing approaches and working practices, typically using recognised models.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team or business unit within a Professional Services organisation or comparable environment.
- Sound business acumen and understanding of business and project financials, reporting and forecasting.
- In depth project management experience and strong skills in all areas of project management including: presales and negotiation; project initiation and start up; project planning, scheduling and resource assignment; delivery, including: communication, reporting, issue management, risk management, change management; and project closure.
- Skilled in Program Management, Enterprise Project Management tools and techniques.
- Understanding of the internal PM methodology and how it should be applied to our projects.