Production Estimator, CBD, Career Development Opportunities, residential builder
- Production Estimator | CBD | Career Development Opportunities
- Work-life Balance
- Great team environment and culture
Our client is truly one of Australia’s biggest success stories. Starting as a one-man-band is now one of Australia’s biggest residential construction companies nationwide.
The success of the company has been built on creating an environment for its employees to grow and succeed while providing unrivaled customer service to its clients.
They are currently looking to bring on board a like-minded, energetic, experienced Production Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis in their Inner City Metro head office.
Reporting to the Team Leader and Estimating Manager, as Production Estimator your primarily responsibility is for completing quantity take-offs accurately and within budgeted timelines to ensure a cost-effective build process with minimal wastage
You will create individual Bills of Quantities (BOQ’s) and a set of purchase orders for each job, which in turn allows the company to accurately forecast the cost of the build and gives our suppliers and site managers the information and materials that will be required on-site to construct the new home.
Your role will allow you to interact with many internal departments throughout the business. An Estimator is the last person in the operations process to handle a job before passing the file and purchase orders to the construction team.
You will be responsible for:
- Completing all building estimating requirements
- Producing accurate documentation within budgeted timelines
- Creating BOQ's
- Resolving ordering oversights and making amendments as required
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of company products and services
- Excellent customer service skills to internal and external customers
- Assist with the development of procedures that meet company benchmarks
- Price File Database Maintenance
- Ensure ordering values align with accounting procedures and systems
- A minimum 2 year’ plus, experience in production estimating role
- Read and interpret architectural and engineering working drawings, soil reports and specifications
- Good understanding of construction methods
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Good organization and time management skills
- Relevant tertiary building and construction qualifications are highly desirable.
- Qualified trade construction experience
Based on Experience - $65,000 - $80,000 + Super
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the required experience for the position click “apply for this job” and I will be able to discuss the opportunity in greater detail with you.