A lead Fire Safety Engineer is required for a leading engineering team to deliver landmark projects.
- Global Brand
- Landmark Projects
- Newly conceived position
Our client is passionate about tunnel safety and very proud of what they have achieved as the leading global tunnel fire safety engineers. They get to work on world-class projects and have access to super-smart experts who work together to deliver value for money to their clients.
They have an incredible track record of delivering high-quality engineering solutions across the globe, and now Australia and New Zealand - you can expect to become an expert really quickly.
Who are they?
They support and mentor their engineers and provide challenging opportunities to advance their career. They value the qualities that their employees bring to the business, and you will be integrated into teams that give you exposure to a broad range of project experience. You can build your career, and they're happy to help.
What you'll be doing
Your role is to plan for fires and explosions that may happen to people within a tunnel environment; their Tunnel BIM Engineers provide guidance on evacuation in the event of a fire.
Within this role, you will:
- Develop emergency management strategies for urban rail tunnels
- Provide expert advice to assist in the design of tunnels to minimise risks
- Provide practical solutions to emergency issues through supporting design activities
- Support the efficient management of client relations
- Support other engineering services and processes as required by the project
- Work collaboratively in project teams with other players, including support engineering consultants
- Create and develop emergency management strategies that adhere to national and industry standards
- Contribute in Rotational Office based in Perth, Australia and provide support to the business, including providing advice on various topics
Other projects that you may be involved in include vehicular tunnels, roads, and stormwater systems, bridges, and ensuring that tunnels are designed to a high level of structural integrity.
By understanding the business needs, you can be confident that projects are safely designed following the current and applicable codes and guides on a timely basis, delivering value to the business and the client utilising your relevant experience and will be able to work as part of integrated delivery systems focused on tunnels.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Safety, Civil, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with a strong background in transport tunnel systems and sub-surface metro systems
- Minimum 5 years experience in fire safety; life safety, hazardous environments, or underground transport systems particularly for rail, road and utility tunnels, including design and detail engineering