The ASRC Grants Manager is responsible for an industry leading program that generates 30% of the organisation's total revenue.
- Values-driven Organisation
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Excellent Employee Benefits
About the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
Founded 19 years ago, the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is Australia’s largest human rights organisation providing support to people seeking asylum. We are an independent not-for-profit organisation whose programs support and empower people seeking asylum to maximise their own physical, mental and social well being. We champion the rights of people seeking asylum and mobilise a community of compassion to create lasting social and policy change.
We are a values-driven organisation that strives to be part of a change movement that supports people seeking asylum by providing critical services such as assistance with accommodation, food provisions, casework and legal services.
The ASRC movement is proudly supported by a community of committed volunteers and supporters who embrace the organisation’s vision that people seeking asylum can live safely, sustainably, independently and equally.
About The Role
The ASRC Grants Manager is responsible for an industry leading program that generates 30% of the organisation’s total revenue. The Grants Manager is responsible for raising sustainable and substantial income through successful grant applications to state government, foundations and private ancillary funds.
This critical role is responsible for the application, reporting and acquittal process of over 100 grants, with more than 150 deliverables per year. The Grant Manager will lead a team of staff and volunteers as well as develop close working relationships with the Finance, Monitoring & Evaluation, Service Delivery and Advocacy Programs.
When stepping into this position, you will draw on your wealth of experience in managing a successful and diverse grants portfolio.
By utilising your exemplary attention to detail and excellent communication skills, you will become an integral member of the Fundraising and Marketing Stream. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain systems to manage dynamic work priorities, reporting and analysis of trends and results
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills and the ability to communicate in various writing styles, including experience in the preparation of funding submissions;
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills, including the capacity to present to diverse groups of people
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively and develop good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Proficiency and experience working in a grants management system and/or Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to achieve income targets;
- Sound financial management skills and experience in developing program budgets.
- Significant understanding of monitoring and evaluation frameworks, practices and impact reporting
Be a part of the largest human rights organisation, in Australia, for refugees and people seeking asylum. We recognise and appreciate our incredible staff for their contribution, dedication and passion to support and empower people seeking asylum by providing the following conditions above the relevant modern award:
- The ASRC offers Flexible Working Arrangements, including the ability to work remotely
- Generous Leave (annual Leave Loading of 17.5%)
- Additional discretionary leave provisions including:
- Bonus Paid Leave over the December-January Holiday Season
- Paid Pandemic Leave
- Leave due to Cultural or Religiously Significant Events
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Leave
- Leave for Staff Seeking Asylum
- Gender Affirmation Leave
- Free onsite parking
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 per year tax free)
- Entertainment Packaging (up to $2,650 per year tax free)
- Discounts via HR systems provider at grocery and retail outlets
- 100 metres from Footscray station and buses
Please find the Position Description here to address the Selection Criteria (copy and paste the below link into your browser): https://asrc.org.au/grants-manager-position-description-docx/
Only applications that include a CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria, will be considered.
Applications close Sunday 18th April 2021, 11:59pm.
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement.