Take ownership of the Group Corporate Model and help synthesise its output into key messages for internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly visible opportunity - contact with Executive Leadership Team
- Own the corporate model and support strategic decision making
- Large, capital intensive infrastructure asset
Our client is an established infrastructure business based in Sydney's outer suburbs, experiencing a period of transformation and improvement. An opportunity has arisen for a corporate finance specialist to join the team and take ownership of the group's corporate financial model.
The Corporate Financial Modeller's key purpose is to support the business-unit heads by taking ownership of the group's valuation model, supporting the annual strategic planning process, evaluating ongoing capital and investment requirements, undertaking a range of special projects and assisting with the implementation of strategic initiatives via the project management of internal and external stakeholders.
Importantly, this role requires not only a strong financial modeller, but someone with an ability to interrogate potential problems and articulate them to management in a clear and concise manner.
This role is highly diverse in nature, providing exposure to a range of corporate finance and strategic issues spanning the entire business, as well as high levels of visibility with CFO, CEO and other members of the leadership team.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- commerce or related bachelors degree
- post-graduate qualifications such as CA or CFA
- advanced understanding of corporate finance theory
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to develop trusted partnerships with stakeholders at all levels
- high levels of commercial acumen
- prior experience (e.g. 4+ years) in Big 4 Corporate Finance (Financial Modelling / Valuation etc), Investment Banking, Corporate Development or an unlisted infrastructure fund
- experience working with businesses in the infrastructure, energy & utilities sectors
- experience developing complex financial models
- Australian working rights
This is a rare corporate finance opportunity offering developing corporate finance professionals the ability to build a corporate development toolkit in a business going through a journey of transformation and improvement.
Please direct your application to Nicolas Boston at Numbers Executive.