Contact Hayley on 0290165376
- Brisbane based
- Permanent or Contract considered
- Banking domain
Seeking Security Advisors to work with a global consultancy within the banking domain.
- At least 5 years hands-on technical IT Security experience is desirable, substantial hands-on technical IT Security experience and knowledge is mandatory.
- Experience leading incident response, running high performance detection/alerting systems, and performing technical investigations is extremely desirable.
- Experience with technical hunting activities and threat intelligence is desirable.
- Experience with some or all: detection and alerting, incident response, technical investigations, hunting, threat intelligence, automation and other related tools and technologies is mandatory.
- IT and IT Security experience within a large organisation is desirable.
- Specialised knowledge of the tools, tactics, techniques and processes of attackers is desirable.
- Active participation in industry IT security groups, forums, and information exchanges is desirable.
- Participation in a 24x7 on-call roster is mandatory.
Key Capabilities/Technical Competencies (skills, knowledge, technical or specialist capabilities)
- Logging and analysis tools including (but not limited to): SIEM, network/packet capture and analytics, endpoint detection and response, behaviour analytics and forensics/investigation tools.
- Knowledge and commercial experience with security incident management tools, processes and best practices.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of operating system and networking concepts.
- Knowledge of the tools, tactics, techniques and processes of attackers and attack methodologies.
- Knowledge of threat landscape trends, including malware, hacking tools and a current understanding of the “security research” being carried out by the hacking community.
- Knowledge around detecting attackers on Windows or Linux systems.
- Knowledge of threat intelligence platforms, tools, feeds, and feed usage.
- Knowledge of and experience with automation and orchestration tools and capabilities.
- Technical knowledge of enterprise level security platforms, including: Firewall, WAF, data leakage, anti-malware, IDS/IPS, Proxy, and packet capture technologies.
- Experience with Encryption and Authentication concepts or systems.
- Knowledge and commercial experience with industry standard security practices.
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure and application vulnerability assessment tools and a conceptual knowledge of Secure Software Development Lifecycles and common application vulnerability classes (e.g. OWASP top ten).