The Operator will assist with the execution of allocated maintenance programs on a daily basis and within set timeframes for the Geelong region.
- Local Government Role
- Contract Position
- Generous Hourly Rate
The Operator will assist with the execution of allocated maintenance programs on a daily basis and within set timeframes, with due consideration to safety, economy, quality, for the benefit of the residents of the City of Greater Geelong and the general community.
- Undertake general arboricultural duties to assist the Tree Management Unit to provide a professional and customer focused service.
- Undertake tree maintenance activities including canopy uplifting, tree pruning, tree removals, root pruning, power line clearance and service line clearance in streets and parks to maintain or remove trees in accordance with Council policies and procedures and Australian Standards.
- Operate and maintain plant and equipment including trucks, chippers, elevated work platforms and general arboricultural equipment in an effective manner, in compliance with Council standards, appropriate laws, OH&S regulations and Australian Standards.
- Identify and perform minor maintenance on small plant such as chainsaw sharpening, cleaning air filters, making new chains etc.
- Accurately complete daily work sheets, time sheets, pre-operation checklists, daily plant inspection sheets for trucks and woodchippers and other documentation as required. Identify and perform minor maintenance requirements on woodchippers such as changing blades, adjusting anvil, cleaning air filter etc.
- Undertake additional duties to assist other team members in completing maintenance works consistent with Award and job requirements.
- Work within all Council OH&S policies and procedures including the use of personal safety equipment provided and ensure that all worksites are established in accordance with OH&S regulations and appropriate laws.
- Adhere to all Council’s policies and procedures as relevant to this position.
- Carry out other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate to the role as directed from time to time.
- Certificate 3 in Arboriculture or several years experience in arboricultural practices and procedures.
- Experience in operating and maintaining plant and equipment including trucks, chippers, elevated work platforms and general arboricultural equipment.
- A current medium rigid (MR) licence.
- NUE 260 Certification for Powerline clearing works.
- Chainsaw operations.
- Traffic control.
- Level 2 First Aid.
- Energy Safe accredited Spotters Course
- Elevated Work platform certificate would be an advantage.