analytical role , across sustainability work, actuarial monitoring and analyses, data tabulations, scheme projections, cost/benefit & Ad hoc analysis
- Federal Agency | Surry Hills Location
- 12 Month Contract
- Actuarial / Maths / Stats Background
About the Department
This Agency in the Health portfolio are a fairly new entity still in the build phase of rationalising a previously state managed insurance scheme into a national one. They operate a state of the Art technology environment, and make heavy use of actuarial & analytical techniques to identify and manage trends and insight.
About the Role
Position Purpose Two positions are available in the Office of the Scheme Actuary for actuarial analysts. The actuarial team is based in Sydney.
Responsibilities will include analytical work on a range of tasks, including sustainability work, actuarial monitoring and analyses, data tabulations, scheme projections, cost benefit analyses, ad hoc modelling requests, and report production.
What we are looking for in an Ideal Candidate
- High level of data literacy skills- numerical, analytical and technical
- Tertiary qualification in quantitative studies (eg actuarial / mathematics / statistics / economics / psychology / engineering / computer sciences)
- An understanding of valuation models and monitoring reports on long-term costs of disability
- Report writing skills- able to translate complete data into digestible and simple messages in line with key business goals .
Estimated start date
Location of work
New South Wales
Length of contract
Entry Level checks will be required for all successful candidates and dependent on the role the appropriate working with children and/or vulnerable people checks may need to be undertaken as per State Legislation.
If you are interested int this role have a strong quantitive/statistical/analytical background - Please apply Now !!