Cardno ID is seeking a Financial Accountant who will oversee the Accounts Payable and Receivables' Team and administration of all bank accounts.
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services, which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
About the role
Cardno ID is currently seeking to fill a 12 months fixed term Financial Accountant position who will report directly to the ID Corporate Finance Manager and will work closely with the Project Accounting Manager and Management Accountant. This role forms part of a dynamic team.
The successful candidate will also oversee the day to day duties of the Accounts Payable and Receivables’ Team, in addition, will oversee the administration of all bank accounts, both for corporate and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and overseeing month-end tasks and duties, ensuring key deadlines are met
- Posting of month end journals and preparation of reports
- Provide analysis and commentary on monthly results against budgets and forecasts
- Manage the Australia balance sheet and complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of the General Ledger
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Work with Internal and External auditors for year end and half year end audits
- Assist in the annual budget and forecast processes
- Liaise and work with the Tax Manager ensuring annual branch profit calculations and financial reports
- Identify and implement process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Assist in daily cash flow management
- Assist in the trading of foreign currency deals with banks.
- Other ad-hoc reports and support as required by the Corporate Finance Manager
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in Financial Accounting and will have proven skills in managing a junior team. You will have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to meet deadlines, strive in a fast-paced environment and strong stakeholder engagement skills.
Your experience and selection criteria should also include:
- Intermediate to Advanced level of Excel (Pivots, Index Match, Graphs, etc.)
- CA/CPA qualified
- Comfortable with foreign currency transactions
- Calumo experience is an advantage
- Proficient with other Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint)
A great opportunity to step into your next role, excellent team support, and a competitive salary.
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Apply by submitting your resume and covering letter including a response to the key selection criteria. Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday, 25th October 2019.
Kindly note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.