Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seeks a Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID-funded Business Egypt Activity.
This activity will increase income and employment in Egypt, with a focus on youth and women, by assisting the Egyptian government and private sector to encourage new entrants into the market and help firms grow and expand by raising firm-level productivity. The activity will: a) promote the growth of Egyptian micro, small, and medium-sized firms by building on USAID's work to improve access to business development and financial services and partnering with the private sector to catalyze new investment and expansion that includes increasing their skilled workforce; and b) improve policies and regulations that affect firm-level productivity.
The Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate adjustments. This person shall act as the key liaison between the USAID and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved with the project.
Required: MA/MS in a relevant field
- Twelve or more years of experience in international donor-funded program management.
- Ten or more years of senior management experience at Chief of Party or equivalent level.
- Proven experience working with governments and private sector to spur new market entrants, raising firm-level productivity, and increasing MSME access to business development and financial services
- Experience creating policy change to create enabling environments for increased firm-level productivity.
- Experience building the technical capacity of business development service providers.
- Previous experience in Egypt or MENA preferred.
- Previous experience with USAID preferred.
- Background, knowledge, and experience on in gender equality and youth inclusion.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience working under pressure, multi-tasking, and meeting management deadlines.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment.
- Commitment to principles of gender equality, capacity development and anti-corruption.
- Fluency in English required.
- Ability to initiate job creation through workforce development considering youth and women vital to strategy.
- Ability to establish and leverage successful collaborative working relationships with private sector, NGOs and governments.
- Ability to manage through systems.
- Ability to build and maintain useful and wide-ranging networks of contacts at institution, country or regional level.
- Ability to quickly understand regional/country context and local sensitivities.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with an effective range of external contacts.
- Ability to negotiate effectively combining logic and reason with interpersonal sensitivity.
Travel Requirements: In-country travel may be required up to 50% of the time.
Physical Requirements: Standard office operations, keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10lbs.