AGA are now accepting Expressions of Interest for 2021 Education Support Traineeships based in Melbourne's Western Suburbs.
- Located in the Western Suburbs
- Earn and Learn
- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification
AGA are now accepting Expressions of Interest for 2021 Education Support Traineeships in the Western Suburbs
Are you thinking about taking a gap year next year? Or are you considering going into Teaching one day, and would love 12 months of solid classroom work experience to make sure teaching is the right career path for you? Or do you simply have a passion to support children with special needs?
Education Support trainees are a valuable support for Teachers, and a critical added resource for students.
- Support students between the ages of 5 and 18 with disabilities (mild, moderate and profound intellectual disabilities associated with physical, social, emotional behavioural, sensory and multiple disabilities)
- Assist teaching staff by performing non-teaching duties
- Assist and participate in learning activities
- Support children with language, literacy & numeracy
- Prepare learning areas and activities
- Provide individual support to students
- Provide basic physical and emotional care for students such as toileting, meals and lifting
- Assist with the preparation of teaching aids and resources
- Strong communication skills
- Patient, calm and compassionate
- Able to think logically and use initiative
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Committed to helping children learn
- Able to follow direction
- Drivers licence (preferred)
- Willing to undertake a Police Check and/or Working With Children Check
- Experience working with children - highly regarded
- Attend accredited RTO training during the school holidays
- Receive ongoing mentoring & support
- Receive a weekly wage including entitlements
- Work 5 x days per week (school hours)
- Support children with a range of disabilities and/or special needs
- Government funding available for eligible candidates
Interviews will commence immediately for a January 2021 start.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.