AGA are now accepting Expressions of Interest for Education Support Traineeships based in Bundoora
- Bundoora Location
- Earn and Learn
- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification
Are you looking for a job that is fulfilling and rewarding? Are you passionate about supporting children with disabilities reach their full potential?
The role will support students between the ages of 5 and 18 with mild, moderate and profound intellectual disabilities associated with physical, social, emotional behavioural, sensory and multiple disabilities.
Successful trainees will work 5 days per week (school hours) for 12 months whilst completing a Certificate III in Education Support.
- Assist teaching staff by performing non-teaching duties
- Assist and participate in learning activities
- Support children with special needs with language and literacy
- Prepare learning areas and activities
- Provide individual support to students
- Provide basic physical and emotional care for students such as toileting, meals and lifting
- Assist with the preparation of teaching aids and resources
- Good communication skills
- Patient in dealing with people
- Mature and sensible
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Enjoy helping children learn
- Able to accept direction and supervision
- Drivers licence (preferred)
- Willing to undertake a Police Check and/or Working With Children Check
- Genuine interest in working with children
- Attend accredited RTO training during the school holidays
- Receive ongoing mentoring & support
- Receive a weekly wage including entitlements
- Work 5 x days per week (school hours)
- Work one on one with students
- Support children with a range of disabilities and/or special needs
- Government funding available for eligible candidates
Interviews will commence immediately for a January 2021 start.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.