2 x Learning Support Assistants needed to help support new students with SEMH needs
- Experience with SEMH
- Full time, Fixed term
- Possibility for permenant placement
We are supporting an SEN school in Somerset with recruiting SEN Assistants. Due to the growth of the school and an increase in student numbers, the school wants to appoint for the role ASAP.
The school caters for children with various SEN including PMLD, ASD and Complex Needs, this role would be supporting 2 primary aged children with SEMH who are new to the school to help them break down barriers that have so far made it unable for them to integrate into school life.
This role is initialy for 4 weeks, with the possibility to go permenant
- Working with a tight-knit team to ensure the safety and care of students
- Implementing an effective and personalised behaviour management system
- Supporting students in preparing for and taking part in social interactions, including school trips and special events
- Helping students to build day-to-day relationships with peers and other team members
- Promoting a calm atmosphere around students
- Experience in a SEN environment
- Previous experience with SEMH
- Confidence to tackle difficult situations and approach them with a calm and mature way
- A genuine passion and belief in the potential of every student.
- Hold full driving license
- Training in PECS, Makaton or similar would be extremely beneficial for this role.
- Team Teach training or any de-escalation training would be an advantage but not essential
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ANZUK EDUCATION:
• anzuk Education are specialists in international education recruitment with over 10 years experience
• Streamlined and easy to follow documentation process
• Supportive international team on hand to answer any questions 24 hours a day
• Fantastic social & networking events, bringing people together to share experiences
• Professional development courses run by knowledgeable and experienced professionals
• Travel and sporting partnerships with excellent discounts exclusive to anzuk Education
• Opportunities throughout the UK and internationally
• A professional, supportive and highly experienced team of Education Consultants
• Share this job with a friend of colleague and receive £100 as a thank you once they have worked for 10 days through us.