Fabulous opportunity for an experienced educational leader, committed to making a significant contribution to our authentic high performing culture.
- An exceptional educational leader, outstanding strategic and operational skills
- A purposeful leader, able to inspire relevant and contemporary programs for boys
- An outstanding communicator who actively builds capacity in all stakeholders
As a result of the recent appointment of Dr Rachel Horton to position of Principal of The Armidale School, applications are warmly invited for the key leadership role of Deputy Headmaster / Head of Secondary School, Years 7-12, within Brighton Grammar School.
Commencing in Term 3, 2021, this fabulous opportunity is ideally suited to a contemporary and experienced educational leader who is committed to making a significant contribution to the authentic high performing culture of the school.
To thrive in this role, you will be:
- An exceptional educational leader with outstanding strategic and operational management skills.
- A purposeful leader, able to inspire relevant, authentic and contemporary programs for boys.
- An outstanding communicator who actively fosters collegiality and builds capacity in all stakeholders.
As Deputy Headmaster, the incumbent plays a pivotal role in supporting the Headmaster with the strategic and operational management of the School. This includes deputising the Headmaster as delegated or when required from time to time.
As Head of Secondary School, the incumbent is responsible for developing, implementing and managing a Secondary School strategy that maximises learning opportunities and prioritises the pastoral care of students from Years 7 through to 12.
The Deputy Headmaster / Head of Secondary School is an active member of the Senior Executive Team and as such, also plays a key role in the development and implementation of various projects of a strategic nature as advised by the Headmaster.
Skills and Competencies:
- Current knowledge of curriculum, educational and pastoral trends, schooling practices and policy developments as they relate to the education sector.
- Current knowledge of appropriate content and pedagogy relevant to student and staff learning outcomes and pastoral care, particularly in relation to boys’ education.
- An informed understanding of the evolving role of technology in and beyond the classroom.
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant compliance requirements and regulations.
- A positive outlook, exceptional interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to build authentic, collaborative and productive relationships.
- Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to changing needs and requirements of the position.
- Post graduate qualifications in an appropriate discipline focusing on leadership.
- VIT registered (or equivalent) teacher of considerable experience.
- Senior educational leadership experience, ideally in like-schools.
For a confidential conversation, enquiries regarding the application process or to obtain an Applicant Information Pack, please contact:
National Head of Executive, James Mundy +61 422 228 164, firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Executive Consultant, Brendan Fraser +61 438 618 604, email@example.com
Applications will be received until Friday 26 February 2021. Brighton Grammar reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Your application should consist of a:
- Covering letter (1 page).
- Statement addressing each of the key selection criteria, as outlined in the Applicant Information Pack (no more than 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Copy of all qualifications including Academic Transcripts, Working with Children Check and VIT registration (or equivalent).
Additional reading and reference materials on Brighton Grammar:
- Website: https://www.brightongrammar.vic.edu.au/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrightonGrammarSchool/
- BGS Grammarian: https://issuu.com/brightongrammar/docs/grammarian_2019_book_issuu_small_version_2