Seeking a Structural Engineer (CPEng) to drive the design and analysis for medium to large-scale telecommunications projects across the nation.
- Major Telecommunication Projects
- Permanent Role
- Rhodes Location
Due to the successful awarding of major telecommunications carrier contracts, our National Design and Engineering team are looking for a Structural Engineer (CPEng) to drive the design and analysis for medium to to large-scale telecommunications and critical communications projects.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Structural Engineer will perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes, standards, engineering formulas required for a diverse range of structures. These will typically involve mobile, wireless and broadcast infrastructure structures. More specifically this role will include;
- Working with the Kordia’s engineering cohort on the production of civil/structural engineering calculations.
- Performing design and analysis functions for various communications, utility and other structures
- Structural assessments and evaluations of existing communications, utility and other structures
- Modelling of telecommunications structures such as towers, monopoles and rooftops structures
- Providing Civil/Structural engineering plans, designs, and layouts
- Performing site inspections and surveys as required to complete designs to specification.
- Developing solutions to challenges presented by the client within budget, schedule and project constraints
- Reviewing / Certifying designs prepared by others and peer review.
- Managing, administering and designing structural components of non-structural projects
- Managing work, ensuring activities are coordinated and completed on time and within budget.
- Managing and reporting on performance to schedule, budget and utilisation
- Liaising with engineers, planning & property consultants ensuring all designs meets the criteria of all disciplines.
- Clear and concise communication (written & verbal) of complex ideas & issues to the rest of the team, clients and stakeholders.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in a civil/ structural engineering discipline
- CPEng qualification / Registered Professional Engineer – Australia or close to completing.
- 3 – 5 plus years’ experience in civil /structural engineering design (telecommunications).
- Demonstrable project experience working in a fast-paced multi-location, multi-client environment.
- Experience in common structural design software tools (MS Tower, SPACEGASS, Multiframe, Microstran).
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices and principles, calculation methods, standards and specifications.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Australian Building Codes and relevant Standards
- Experience in Optus & Telstra design processes, systems and requirements.
- Demonstrable integrity and high personal and professional standards
- Ability in assisting and mentoring graduate/ junior staff
Here at Kordia we believe every team member has a role to play in the overall success of the business, whether it is through our working relationships, technology or skills. If our vision of becoming the leading Australasian provider of mission-critical technology appeals to you, we can offer you a workplace with a positive and empowering culture in which you are sure to thrive.