We are seeking talented Telecommunication riggers for ongoing work on various installation/Upgrade projects throughout QLD
- Permanent Opportunity
- Competitive Remuneration
- Significant Projects & Work Volumes
Kordia is one of Australia and New Zealand's leading integrated Telecommunications and Technology service delivery organisations. We specialise in designing, building, operating and maintaining social and business critical communications systems throughout the Australasia.
We employ more than 500 office and field based employees across project management, professional engineering, communication technician, rigging and network operation roles. We are recognised by our customers for technical excellence and service delivery. With international accreditation in quality, safety and environmental management systems, Kordia is committed to continuous improvement and commercially sustainable growth.
Due to a significant increase it projects and work volumes we are currently very interested in hearing from experienced Telecommunications Riggers to bolster our teams.
You'll be working with our experienced crew on major installation and upgrade projects throughout QLD.
The role will see you responsible for:
- PIM testing, sweep testing, distance to fault, terminating feeders, birdproofing and waterproofing connectors.
- Swapping out and decommissioning mobile telecommunication sites.
- Upgrading existing mobile telecommunications sites
- Installation and maintenance of antenna and feeder cables on monopoles and towers
- Checking, maintain and operating equipment in accordance with the requirements of safety, efficiency and calibration procedures
- Rigging and general work within the limits of your competency and qualifications, as required by the company
- Use of EWP's
- Working at heights/rigging
- Providing and participating in on-the-job training (when required) e.g. rescue training, trainee riggers
- Assisting with installations, moves, additions, changes, maintenance and repair support for customer telecommunications
- Completing all tasks to a high quality standard in compliance with Customer and Kordia procedures
- Maintaining / achieving SLA timeframes for above whilst providing all necessary updates to the Site Managers and Kordia network Management Centre
- Ensuring all working at heights activities are performed by all team members safely and in accordance with Kordia safety procedures
- Ensuring that OH&S Policy requirements are observed and followed
- 3 + years previous telecommunications rigging experience (essential)
- Experience and strong knowledge of Optus and Telstra equipment
- Experience with Anritsu Site Master
- Experience with earthing requirements
- Working at heights certified with the ability to comfortably operate at heights regularly (i.e. climbing up to 80 metres). Previous climbing experience is essential
- Solid knowledge of telecommunication rigging techniques and best practice
- A current Certificate in Rigging (Basic or intermediate)
- Ability to pass a 'Fit to climb' medical certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practice
- First Aid Certificate
- Tower rescue Certificate
- Working at Heights