Security Engineer with experience across Networking, Security, Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Proxy, Linux/Unix, Scripting (Shell and Perl).
- Contract: until end of January 2022 (with the view to extend)
- Immediate Start
- NV1 clearance is required
You will have the opportunity to work in vulnerability management and further your career in secured operations.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving within the Gateway Operations environment.
- Maintenance of gateway functionality by proactively monitoring network data streams and event log data to ensure that intrusion attempts are detected investigated and prevented.
- Conducting service and incident response
- Initial root cause analysis on gateway related issues for client, servers and other gateway equipment.
- Management and maintenance of the configuration, change, documentation and procedures for the gateway environments.
- Provide technical advice, and security policy advice in support of the client.
- Assist users in defining their access rights and privileges, and administers logical access controls and security systems.
- Experience in networking with switches and routers.
- Experience with general Firewall configuration.
- Experience with Proxy.
- Experience with Solaris or Linux/Unix.
- Experience in supporting a DNS environment.
- Experience in supporting Windows Server and associated domains.
- General scripting skills (Shell, Perl).
- Understanding of commands and concepts along with the ability to setup, configure and maintain servers.
- The ability to troubleshoot & perform root cause analysis on network/computer issues on clients, servers and network equipment.
- Supporting Windows Server and associated domains.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: Splunk; Nagios; Windows Server 2012 and 2016; WSUS and / or Group Policy.
Job Ref: 3240247
TO APPLY: Please click on the appropriate link.