Trading house in Singapore looking for a bulk commodities derivatives trader.
- European Trading House
- Singapore Based
- Trading Position
Our client is a fast growing trader of bulk commodities and energy and is looking for derivatives trader. This person will be responsible for hedging physical volumes in addition to taking risk and proprietary trading.
- End-to-end accountable for P&L results of spread trading strategies – futures, options, swaps etc.
- Speculative trading and hedging
- Working with sales to identify opportunities and deliver value-added solutions to enhance our clients’ dairy price risk management
- Have daily contact with brokers and market stakeholders to execute financial trades (futures, options, forwards). Find ways to further optimize the stakeholders
- Use data and correlations to setup algorithmic trading models and implement advanced option strategies.
- Maintain a strong link with the commercial traders and position holders and support them in managing (physical) price risk and positions
- Relevant university degree
- 8 years minimum experience (covering trading, financial markets)
- Experience in the bulk commodities market – ideally in agricultural products
- Proven track record in financial markets industry, for example via previous employers
- Desire to win with strong negotiation skills
- A high level of conceptual and strategic thinking
- The inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the overall strategy
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly