Successful national FMCG wholesale distribution business is recruiting a motivated and capable Purchasing Officer
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Successful and growing national business
- On site parking
Our client is a successful and growing national FMCG wholesale distribution business. Due to growth in the business there is an opportunity for a motivated and switched on Purchasing Officer to join the team.
About the role:
About the role:
- Work as part of the procurement team and liaise with sales, operations, accounts to ensure accurate forecasting and inventory administration
- Managing the overall inventory to meet the business demands
- Plan and execute procurement
- Provide input to the Supply Planning processes in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans to ensure accurate supply planning
- Follow up and monitor supply issues, managing exceptions and working with the buying team and wider business.
- Proven experience in Supply Chain in FMCG industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including Excel
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and co-ordination skills
- Experience in alpha numeric data processing, accounts reconciliation, record retention and receipting
- Ability to show initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced administration, organisational, prioritising and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including taking initiative when working in isolation, and as an effective team member to achieve goals