Tropical North QLD. Sunny Townsville. Come alone or bring the family. Gateway 2 the Great Barrier Reef. Explore Magnetic Island & Whitsundays.
- - Assistance Relocation
- - Attractive package
- - Salary Packaging, Leave Loading, 5 Weeks Annual Leave
Indigenous Health - Mental Health Nurse
Tropical North QLD. Townsville, Come alone or bring the family. Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. Explore Magnetic Island & The Whitsundays
About This Employer - One of the largest health service providers in the state, servicing 1/3 of Queensland. Indigenous programs and services include, health and well being, mental health, aged care, disabilities and allied health. Our team is a vibrant, multi-disciplinary team who have come from across Australia, with a mix of experiences and specialties.
Position Specifics - Reporting to the Mental Health Nurse Team Leader, this role will see you providing evidence-based mental health nursing services to people with severe or complex mental health needs in a community setting ranging from home visits, gp rooms and our own consulting rooms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being part of a productive and collaborative multidisciplinary team; having the ability to work autonomously, and taking initiative in areas of client care, quality improvement and clinical excellence;
- Implementing Mental Health care plans, completing and reviewing recovery plans within a “person centred” framework;
- Utilising electronic patient databases to record and document all activities in accordance with best practice standards;
- Developing strong working relationships with GPs, service providers, and other stakeholders; and
- Utilising an evidence-based approach, for example, completing pre- and post-test clinical screening tools, surveys and assessments to guide practice, clinical outcomes and client satisfaction.
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse;
- To be currently credentialed with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses or be able to promptly obtain;
- A demonstrated understanding of mental health issues and the Stepped Care Model of mental health services;
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds including Indigenous
- Computer literacy with ability to use electronic patient databases
- Attractive Package
- Salary Packaging, Leave Loading, 5Weeks Annual Leave
- Fast Tracking Career Opportunities
- Study Development Opportunities
What are your career, travel goals for 2021 - Townsville, Tropical North Queensland, world heritage rain-forests and reef. So much to do and see, Magnetic Island, Airlie Beach, Whitsundays, Burdekin, Cairns is not too Far away. Opportunity awaits - Bring the family or come alone.
To apply send your resume in MS Word by going to the Apply Now button at the bottom of this ad, alternatively email@example.com no phone calls pls