Big Data Developer required to work across a maturing Hadoop platform for a global team who are moving away from SQL
- Be a Hadoop Development specialist for the company
- Learn new techniques for Big Data from company experts
- Prime location, few minutes from public transport in the city
Big Data Developer
6 Month Contract Position
This is a brand new exciting position for a leading company in Sydney, they work on a large number of B2B and B2C applications and have very large data sets in SQL Server which will be moving to Hadoop Platform.
The team needs an enthusiastic, motivated Developer to join them! Excellent communication skills are a must as you will be responsible for mentoring the existing team on the new platform.
To be successful in this role you will need solid previous experience with Hadoop on very large data sets and ideally using Tableau as a reporting tool (However other tools are also OK).
Here is the general skills check list:
- Strong commercial Hadoop Experience
- Excellent database design and modelling knowledge
- Reporting tools - Ideally Tableau (Reporting Services, Crystal Reports ot Similar)
- ETL Experience
- Previous hands on experience with very large data sets.
Alex - Attribute Group