Long Term Piece of Work for NSW Government! Technical Support Engineer needed!
- Daily Rate Contract!
- NSW Government - Exstensions available!
- Sydney Location!
Attribute Group are proud to partner with NSW Government in the search for an experienced Technical Support Engineer on an initial 6 month daily rate contract!
This role will be based in Sydney with the likelihood of extensions
The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical assurance of SOE management, mobile device management (MDM), desktop services, file and print services, directory services, application management and delivery, including packaging, and remote access services being delivered by the end user computing supplier/s. This includes technical validation of supplier detailed designs and proposed configurations.
The role also has responsibility for the evaluation of technical changes, the validation of supplier provided quotes, proposals and invoices and, involvement in the assessment of supplier provided root causes and corrective actions.
- Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and customers
- Lead the development of portfolio specific low level solution designs on an as needed basis (note third party suppliers are responsible for solution design of in scope services).
- Support the review and assessment of technical aspects of IT changes in the operational environment including participation in the change evaluation process and validating that impact assessments have been accurately addressed. Provide guidance, recommendations and approvals within the change process
- Maintain oversight of product release cycles and platform release cycles and communicate updates and changes relevant to IT Shared Services and its customers to support appropriate product release management
- Provide technical assurance through evaluation of supplier designs and proposals. Evaluate and provide guidance on proposed technical configurations and assist with technical assessments and evaluations in operational and recovery activities.
- Review and assess the technical requirements within service requests and confirm scope of technical solutions and suppliers required. Review and validate service provider technical quotes and proposals, including cost estimates and the validation of related invoices.
- Review and approve supplier provided root causes and potential corrective actions and contribute to the escalation of incidents to support the Incident and Problem Management processes.
- Analyse and review supplier operational and service level reports and assist in the evaluation of supplier performance against agreed service levels to ensure compliance with contractual obligations
- Proactively identify and escalate potential risks and also contribute to the development of risk management plans, establishment of risk controls and performance of risk mitigation activities to ensure best practice risk management
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience. Relevant end user computing and IT Service Management certifications.
- Knowledge of infrastructure solution architecture and design.
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks and principles.
- Experience performing solution and technical design and/or assurance roles for SOE management, access channels (including mobile device management and remote access), desktop and VDI management, application packaging and delivery, end point security management, and configuration management.
- Technical experience analysing, assessing and supporting productivity and mobility services in large, complex federated organisations.
- Experience in performing technical governance in a complex, multi-sourced end user computing environment, including the technical validation of supplier detailed designs, and proposed configurations.
- Proven ability in performing technical evaluation, impact assessment and guidance for the implementation of infrastructure changes for productivity and mobility services.
- Ability to work additional hours on occasion outside of ordinary working hours.