Join this leading Bank in a high profile-role; they're undergoing a rapid transformation, and Risk Management is centre stage!
- Fantastic long-term prospects
- Excellent CBD offices
- High-profile role
Our client is a leading Bank with an excellent reputation in the local market.
Non-Financial Risk and Conduct works in partnership with the Wholesale business and the CRO team to deliver effective outcomes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain an understanding of the business and a commercial appreciation of the wholesale division's strategic objectives
- Excellent People and Team Leadership through managing a manager level direct report and provide proactive and consistent coaching and feedback on the performance and development including behaviours, skills, capabilities and deliverables
- Develop and maintain excellent and constructive working relationships with all relevant Group and Wholesale stakeholder groups and functions (risk, operations, technology, legal, compliance, line 2 risk, etc.)
- Coming up with commercial solutions to complex issues
- Maintain understanding of the Group’s compliance risk framework and global regulatory requirements and obligations of the Wholesale division
- Understand BU strategic objectives and assess and manage the impact on obligations and licensing requirements
- Provide advice, support and assistance to the Head of Regulatory Controls and the Leadership Team on all aspects of Wholesale key regulatory obligations and licencing requirements, including establishment of processes within the Non Financial Risk function
You will possess:
- 7 - 10 years experience dealing with regulatory and compliance issues within a major financial institution, audit firm or risk management / advisory firm
- Ability to develop constructive working relationships with a large and varied stakeholder group at all levels of seniority across the division, its business partners and the Group
- Knowledge of current applicable regulatory requirements relevant to regulated financial institutions in Australia and / or other global locations
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience in senior stakeholder management, able to influence, communicate clearly and deliver on a strategic agenda in a complex business under intense regulatory scrutiny
- Ability to improve processes from a risk and controls perspective