Leading Wealth Manager seeks qualified finance professional to join its Sydney team as a Manager, Financial Control.
- High-profile FC Manager role
- Leading global Wealth Manager
- Collaborative team environment
Manager, Financial Control (Sydney)
Leading Wealth manager seeks a qualified accountant for a permanent role in its Sydney head office.
- Financial Control Manager for entities, including Financial Reporting and review of Board Papers for the Australian based boards;
- Review of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations ensuring appropriate substantiation of balances and reconciliation procedures remain up-to-date;
- Co-ordinating the quarterly global dividend process;
- Monthly review of the entities’ capital positions;
- Liaison with senior finance staff including the CFO, External / Internal Audit and Risk;
- Updating and documenting procedures. This includes an opportunity to identify, suggest and implement ongoing process improvements within the Financial Control team.
- Providing assistance with decision support & ad hoc financial analysis and project work, including regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring compliance with Group policy where applicable;
- Monthly reporting on financial controls / issues, and Half Year and Year End Directors Questionnaire reporting;
- Assist with Finance op risk governance and business continuity planning;
- Responsibility to review and update Financial Control procedures and policies, including Manual Journals and Reconciliation policies.
- Input into Project work for the design and testing of the new ERP and General Ledger.
- Responsible for controls testing and designing/strengthening the controls framework.
- Preparing board reports and presenting these to the various boards
- Audit experience with Big 4 Financial Services preferred
- 6+ years’ experience
- CA / CPA qualified
- Relevant experience working in or with Financial Services organisations (Investment Management would be beneficial);
- Experience working in a commercial environment with the ability to work as a trusted advisor with business clients and the broader finance community;
- Proven track record in multi-tasking and prioritising multiple projects simultaneously;
- Active person who enthusiastically participates in team projects/brainstorming/group activities;
- Ability to converse (written and verbal) competently with senior management in Finance, Risk and the general business;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Committed, motivated and enthusiastic individual that actively contributes to the team and also likes to have fun!
- Full Australian working rights, fluent English skills