Unique career opportunity for a Senior External Communications Manager to join a dynamic financial services organisation
- Dynamic financial services organisation
- Newly created external communications role
- Attractive salary package + bonus
Reporting to the General Manager, Corporate Affairs this is a newly created role that will see you working as part of the Corporate Affairs team who are responsible for delivering a strategic, proactive and integrated internal and external communications program. This includes company-wide reputation stewardship, executive positioning, thought leadership, media relations, employee communication, stakeholder engagement and corporate issues management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and leading corporate communications initiatives which create lasting impact and are aligned to strategic business priorities
- Developing and leading the implementation of Group internal (employee) and external (media, government, community) communications strategy
- Leading activity to build, enhance, protect and maintain the organisation’s reputation in its communities, with a particular focus on managing media relationships
- Developing and managing a strategic program of proactive media engagement
- Ensuring the roll out of the calendar of events relating to communications / corporate affairs
- Creating and delivering high quality corporate communications and media relations
- Identifying areas where the business can take active leadership positions on key issues and managing the delivery of commentary, insights or thought leadership
- Ensuring an open dialogue with the media, predominantly in Australia, given its influence and access to the organisation’s clients, employees and stakeholders
A strong planner with exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail, you have the confidence to provide advice directly to senior managers in the business on specific approaches for communication.
You are a seasoned communications professional with the confidence to work in a complex matrix organisation structure and possess exceptional writing and communication skills , with the ability to identify and address potential issues and risks in a complex business with multiple stakeholders.
Previous external communications experience working in financial services or a large corporate organisation is essential.
This is a fantastic career opportunity for a passionate external communications professional to work with a highly regarded industry leader who offer a fantastic culture and career opportunities, and are embarking on a huge transformation.
Please contact Holly Ash for more information– email@example.com