Do you want to be part of our NSW Power Infrastructure Engineering Team.
- Do you enjoy project variety?
- Are you team player?
- What if we can?... WSP
At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long-lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 48,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Due to sustained market growth and recent mega-project wins, WSP needs more exceptional electrical engineers to join its Powering Infrastructure Engineering team, to be based in Sydney.
Our project portfolio includes some of Sydney’s largest infrastructure engineering projects, above and below ground, and across multiple industries and market sectors. This is a career-shaping opportunity for the right people to join a motivated and expanding team, and look back on Sydney’s infrastructure decades from now and know that you were involved in developing a safe and effective design.
While our current forward workload is focused around major infrastructure projects, we are a team that moves with the market. Your future with WSP may entail more mega-projects or smaller projects working alongside the in-house engineers for our power generation and industrial clients undertaking small asset management and minor upgrade work. We value people that are keen to adapt and learn.
Our approach is to find the right people and work together with applicants to shape a role that suits. With that in mind, we are open to engineers from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels, and the only minimum requirements are that applicants must be great engineers, excellent communicators, have a degree in electrical engineering (or similar), and the right to live and work in Australia (or a clear pathway to obtain a suitable visa).
Some or all the following will however give applicants a distinct advantage, and our shortlisting process will look for demonstration of these skills and traits, commensurate with the experience level of the applicant:
- Demonstrated experience in applying professional electrical engineering knowledge to real-world situations, through site roles or experience as part of an on-site asset management engineering team
- Experience in a consulting environment with excellent skills in client communication and management
- While project management experience is not a requirement for this role, applicants must be able to demonstrate their ability to proactively identify the change in scope and risk and communicate to the project leadership
- An understanding of the level of detail and accuracy required in the power and infrastructure industry
- Technical abilities in the key software packages that we use such as AGI32, SKM PTW, CYMCAP or CDEGS.
- Working knowledge and/or experience in the detailed design of substations for power, water, mining or transport infrastructure
- Working knowledge of the key standards and practices used in the power industry in Australia
- Experience working in multidisciplinary team environments, and the ability to communicate electrical concepts to non-electrical people
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.