Due to ongoing success in our business we are seeking a Commercial Contracts Executive to join our business in either Perth, Melbourne or Sydney.
- Global Tier 1 Professional Services Consulting organisation
- Friendly, inclusive and flexible culture
- Work on t the nation's most iconic projects
Full Job Description
Benefits at WSP:
At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 48,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 42 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
Due to success across our Australian operations we have an opportunity for Commercial Contracts Executive to join our business in either Perth, Melbourne or Sydney. Reporting to the Pre-Contracts General Manager, Transport, you will be responsible for supporting our pursuit teams through the front end of the business commercial process, from initial identification of a potential pursuit through bid preparation and development, negotiation of contractual agreements with clients, partners and sub-consultants. You will also have a key role in the co-ordination of the project start-up and hand over phase of successful opportunities.
This role is pivotal, providing advice to pursuit and delivery teams on contractual/commercial risk and proactively developing commercial awareness within the pursuit and delivery teams.
We are committed to increasing women in leadership roles in our business and strongly encourage women to apply for this position. We are open to considering this position as a part-time role for the right candidate.
You will play a pivotal role in the co-ordination of pre-contract activities on our major contracts across Australia. In particular, you will:
- Build relationships with the Pursuit Managers, Project Directors/Managers, Commercial Team and Corporate Legal Counsel to leverage skills, ensure consistency and improve business efficiency.
- Maintain strong relationships with project/pursuit managers and through leadership and coaching, advocate compliance to WSP governance practices and promote best practice principles across the Transport business.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of contractual risk identification, mitigation, and advanced negotiation skills across a range of different forms of contract.
- Have working knowledge of the different forms of contracts typically used in the engineering consulting industry (Professional Services Agreements, D&C Contracts, Alliance Agreements, JV Agreements, Delivery Partner Contracts, Teaming Agreements); and the respective commercial/financial models associated with such contracts.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex legal issues to technical staff. Sufficient understanding is required of the technical input to the contractual framework as well as the ability to co-ordinate and integrate this technical input into the contract.
- Understand the financial aspects of each bid, with the ability to incorporate and negotiate adjustments to fees in conjunction with the changing contractual risk profile of a bid.
- Lead pursuit teams in the development of documentation as required for internal approval processes.
- Promote WSP values ensuring a safe working environment is maintained always.
- Exemplify SHEQ behaviors around Safety, Health, Environment, and Qualify.
- Demonstrated experience in pre-contract negotiations across a variety of contract models (D&C, Alliance & other alternative delivery models) for the design element of large multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects including JV agreements, term sheets etc.
- Ability to understand, articulate and achieve an effective commercial outcome based on a party’s ability to identify and manage risk.
- Excellent leadership, communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Ability to summarise, present and report on contractual risk to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to provide and respond to challenge at an executive level.
- Ability to adapt and respond to change.
- 5-10 years of practical experience in the delivery of major infrastructure projects.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channeling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion. Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
Benefits at WSP:
- Personalised career growth and access to international opportunities.
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
- Excellent development and thrive opportunities.
- Opportunity to buy up to 4 weeks’ additional leave.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave.
Express your interest by clicking on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.