Mackay. Structural Engineer x 2 (Senior and recent Graduate). Heavy industrial. Mix of design, checking, inspections & repair designs. $150k-$60k
- Mackay, an idyllic Qld Coastal lifestyle
- Structural Engineer x 2 (Senior & recent Graduate)
- Senior Engineer $150k-$100k or Engineer $90k-$60k | relocation assistance
Located in tropical Central Queensland, Mackay is a hub for great lifestyle and industry (mines and ports). It boasts tropical islands, exceptional outdoor and water based facilities. With a median house price much less than major capital cities, good quality housing is very affordable.
This company is a well established, respected and expanding engineering consultancy servicing mines, ports and heavy industry. Based in Mackay, they provide high quality engineering solutions in the Central Queensland region to an enviable range of private and ASX listed clients. Their specialist engineering support to major operations includes maintenance and upgrade projects and this provides a consistent and growing workload.
Due to business growth, we are pleased to offer superb opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer and recent Graduate Structural Engineer to work on a variety of projects eg ports, mines & heavy industry. Located at sites and Mackay head office, you’ll be providing structural engineering designs, inspections, checks and repair designs for a range of clients and client sites.
We are seeking energetic structural engineers (BEng Civil/Structural) keen to be actively involved in design, checking, inspections and repair designs. This would suit either:
Senior structural engineers ($100k-$150k) with:
· Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and safety focus
· Ability to mentor less experienced engineers
· Demonstrated structural design exp. (preferably heavy industry/materials handling), or
· Site project engineer exp. in a similar industry involved in structural projects or construction at an industrial type facility
· Ability to take on projects involving design, checks, inspections and repair designs
· RPEQ and/or CPEng (preferred or at least in progress/working towards)
Less experienced structural engineers ($60k-$90k) with:
· Desire to gain hands-on practical experience in a design office and at site with inspection of heavy industrial structures and structural remediation projects
· Good communication skills, work ethic & attitude
· Some design experience and desire to take on some site based work, or
· Site based experience and a desire to take on smaller design work from time to time
Please note that you’ll be based in Mackay (this is not a FIFO role).
Your skills and attributes:
As Senior Engineer you’ll require:
· Exp. with heavy industrial structures, & materials handling equipment
· Design experience using knowledge of AS1170, AS4100, AS3600 (AS4324.1 preferred)
· Experience with hands on site inspection work
· RPEQ and/or CPEng (preferred)
· Structural steel & concrete design & inspection experience
· Experience with risk management
Both Senior Engineer and recent Graduate Engineer will require:
· An EA recognised degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
· Knowledge of structural steel & concrete (preferred)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong report writing skills
· Be physically fit (pass medicals) & able to work at remote sites
This company is growing with many long-standing employees and low staff turnover. This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit team, define your future career and influence the growth of this exciting business. An attractive salary package will be negotiated depending on your experience. Relocation assistance (if required) can also be provided.
This opportunity is available for an immediate start. Enquiries can be made in the strictest of confidence to Neil on 0410313840.
Please address the selection criteria in your cover letter and register through the Apply facility below. You must be an Australian resident to be eligible. Applications close Friday 27th September, 2019.