Project Manager Property manages the planning and delivery of the property works for the Border to Gowrie Segment. Prepare all documentation for TMR.
- Based in Brisbane, QLD
- Mega Project Exposure - Iconic Inland Rail
- 24-Month Contract
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the national transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. Managing and operating more than 8,500 km of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, makes ARTC one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
A new opportunity is now open for a Project Manager to join the Queensland Delivery Property Team.
The Project Manager property manages the planning and delivery of the Property works to achieve access for construction within the scheduled timeframes and allocated budgets for the Border to Gowrie segment. This includes managing the preparation and delivery of Handover Packages to TMR for the purpose of Land Acquisition, strategic land acquisition, and negotiation of access to state land.
The accountabilities for the role are and won’t be limited to:
- Ensure the delivery of land acquisition information and packages for resumption of freehold, state/local governments, statutory authorities land and interests, schedules, and activities for the Program, including the quality management and document control process within scheduled timeframes and budgets to the satisfaction of DTMR (handover packages) and DNRME & related State agencies for State Land parcels.
- Ensure land acquisition information and packages for resumption are properly coordinated with respect to inter-discipline and functional interface issues
- Ensure land acquisition information and packages for resumption are compliant with relevant internal and external policies, procedures and regulations as well as to ministerial and/or Coordinator General consents.
- Ensure that Contractors use ARTC standards where applicable but otherwise ensure that consideration to using other standards considers any long-term effect on ARTC;
- Ensure compliance with ARTC’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements, responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities.
- Promote a safety culture within the team to conform with current Work Health and Safety (WH&S) and relevant Rail Safety legislation.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A Degree qualification associated with the management of projects, or business.
- Project management experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering or infrastructure environment
- Experience in the management and delivery of works associated with long linear infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience in landholder liaison and negotiations associated with land access and land acquisition
- Demonstrable ability to work in an organised well-ordered manner.
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed problem resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Drivers Licence – Class C
What is on Offer
This is a great opportunity to join a critical work within Inland Rail Program and to develop skills beyond engineering working with a diverse team. You will be involved in a close collaboration with The Department of Transport and Main Road.
The role is a 24-months contract and will be employed as an ARTC employee getting the employees’ benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer
creating new opportunities for businesses, industries and regional community. The values that drive us and the work we deliver in the program incorporate Future Thinking, Active Engagement, No Harm and Results. We welcome like-minded individuals who value our culture.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs
Please note that the applications are reviewed as they come. Do not delay your application.