Make a difference in the lives of NDIS participants, whilst working for a rewarding and supportive team.
- Weekly pay
- Ongoing Shifts
- Immediate start
Healthcare Australia is seeking committed, empathetic and reliable Disability Support Workers, with Dementia experience and high personal care work experience.
If you carry a patient; caring personality, and have experience supporting a participant with progressive dementia, then this role can be a match for you. The ability to manage and redirect challenging behaviours, is also an essential skill for the role. You must also carry good and clear communication skills.
The succesful support worker, will be undertaking ongoing shifts, in Ballarat, Victoria.
The primary duties of the role include:
-Supporting NDIS participants to reach their set goals in life
-Taking the participant out into the community
-Providing support with daily living assistance such as personal care, domestic tasks, transportation, and other living aspects as specified by their NDIS plan.
• Minimum of 6 months paid experience in supporting people with disabilities.
• Clear communication skills
• Patient and empathetic
• Sound knowledge and experience of progressive dementia
• Medication Administration Certificate - advantageous
• Two relevant, professional and industry related reference checks.
• Working with Children’s Check, or willing to obtain one
• Have a current, or willing be to obtain a First Aid (HLTAID003) and CPR (HLTAID001) certificate.
• Willing to undergo a police check
• Car, Drivers Licence and Full Comprehensive Insurance
• Availability to work during the week, and reliability
Benefits of working for HCA:
• Weekly pay
• Supportive team
• Ongoing shifts
• Free Manual Handling training on offer
• Free National Police Check – we run one ourselves
• eHCA mobile phone app – for ease of updating your availability, submitting time sheets and viewing your booked shifts
If you would like to apply, please email to: email@example.com, including your resume and cover letter. Alternatively click the “Apply Now” link.
To be considered for this role applicants must have the right to work in Australia and undergo a DWES check. Only successful applicants will be contacted.