Opportunity to join an experienced team of quality people who are passionate about delivering services that meet the needs of our students.
- Great opportunity for experienced training manager
- CBD and Eastern Suburbs Locations
- Exciting opportunity within highly recognised organisation
The Opportunity and about the role:
HCA is a major player in Nursing Education through its RTO - EmployEase Training. With ambitious growth plans underway throughout Melbourne and nationally, a unique opportunity exists for a Head of Discipline Nursing/Health programs.
Reporting to the RTO Manager and working closely with the General Manager, EmployEase, other Education Managers and staff, the position requires extensive professional knowledge and experience in teaching and learning in the Vocational Education and Training context.
This role will contribute to the development of EmployEase educational learning and teaching policies and procedures and provide advice and assistance to teaching staff, industry and community clients.
- Plan and coordinate the development and delivery of HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing program ensuring the application of teaching methods and assessments which reflect best practice teaching methodology.
- Coordinate the development, review, modification and continuous improvement of teaching and assessment procedures and processes for the Nursing program.
- Timetable programs efficiently in consultation with the RTO & Education Manager.
- Ensure program compliance with both ASQA and the NMBA standards for enrolled nurse practice.
- Develop industry relationships and networks, and participate in meetings and activities which enhance these relationships.
- Lead and supervise all teaching staff, including recruitment and induction of casual/sessional staff, negotiating work plans - scheduled and unscheduled duties.
- Liaise with Employ-Ease administrative staff regarding student recruitment and selection, enrolment and completion processes.
- Ensure student files are up to date and compliant.
- Lead validation and moderation activities as mandated.
- Monitor students’ on-going educational progress and pastoral care in consultation with teachers including the handling of student grievances in the initial stage.
- Other duties and projects as directed by the General Manager within the scope of this position.
Healthcare Australia (HCA) is Australia's largest specialist healthcare recruitment and staffing provider. We are a large and diverse healthcare business with a strong presence in the staffing of nursing, community and allied sectors in all States of Australia.
HCA is proudly supporting and contracted with the Victorian Government as the Primary Healthcare Provider for Melbourne Quarantine Hotels.
What you will bring to the role:
- Demonstrated ability to manage resources within budget, business objectives and contractual obligations to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of VET programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of the contemporary nursing environment and current clinical practice as is it relates to Enrolled Nurse.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, manage and develop a team of teaching staff in achieving learning and teaching objectives.
- Demonstrated planning, co-ordination and resource management skills, including the proven ability to analyse situations and implement workable solutions.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain community/industry relationships and networks.
- High level of Knowledge and understanding of ASQA compliance requirements
- Sound knowledge of NMBA standards and accreditation practice associated with the delivery of the Diploma of Nursing.
- A discipline related postgraduate tertiary qualification, hold a Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent qualification and be currently registered with AHPRA and have no conditions relating to conduct or performance combined with a minimum of five years professional experience.
- A minimum teaching qualification at Diploma AQTF Level 5 that includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent.
- Must hold a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) and current police check.
- We are a people-centric business with our core values driving everything we do
- Work with a truly high-quality product
- Close, friendly and supportive team environment
- Ongoing training and support
This is an opportunity to make your mark within a friendly, supportive and growing organisation. Please email your current CV and cover letter outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
At HCA we are committed to embracing diversity and committed to providing a safe working environment.