In this role you will be working with one of Australia's fastest growing Communications and Data Centre providers.
- Join Australia's fourth largest Telco in an exciting growth phase
- Awesome employee benefits and a dynamic team environment!
- Thrive in a company with a great working culture
We are a business who is crazy about customers. We use disruptive thinking every day to ensure that we are capturing every opportunity to deliver the ultimate experience to our customers and people. We empower our people to Do it. Own it. Love it and that’s why they choose to work for us. Here, it’s never just a job – We care about what we do and the impact we have, and that’s what connects us.
Whoever you are, you'll fit right into our team of 1,400 different personalities. We’ll support you to be the best you can be here at Vocus and at home.
What’s the opportunity?
You will be working with one of Australia’s fastest growing Communications and Data Centre providers. Based out of our Mitcham facility you will be working with a nationwide Data Centre team. Ideally you will have had 2- 5 years’ experience in the IT services industry providing both internal and external support. You will have experience in different software systems with an aptitude to quickly adjust to new systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Data Centre point of contact
- Perform daily tape rotations
- Process access and request tickets
- Process incoming and outgoing attendee’s based on strict access procedures
- Assist in managing Contractors to perform maintenance
- Contractor liaising
- Assisting in the writing of process, procedures and energy efficiencies
- Help ensure operational and preventive maintenance tasks on all M&E equipment is performed
- Assist in ensuring all plant equipment operates in its most efficient condition
- Assist management in energy savings initiatives through equipment operation and execution of energy saving projects
- Assist in management of incidents as well as root cause analysis
- Performing basic data cabling, fibre and copper.
- Facility on call support rotation
- Assist in the deployment of customer services.
- Experience as a service technician in building / facilities management environments, advantageous
- Solid understanding of data communications services and systems
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical systems and principles
- Proficient in your understanding of Network Protocols - TCP/IP, Ethernet etc….
- Network installation and configuration knowledge
- Network hardware - switches, routers and cabling
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Keen interest in all things technology
- You take pride in your work
- Team player with the ability to take and execute instruction
- Able to work autonomous
- Flexible approach to your role
- Customer focused
- Previous Data Centre operations experience highly regarded
- Cisco Certified (CCNA/CCNP) Highly regarded
- Proficient in Microsoft products – Office, windows etc…
The extra stuff we know you want to know
We know how to celebrate our wins and we know learning from our mistakes makes us better. We are all about flexible working and, hand on heart, we practise work life balance. We high five you on your work anniversary and give you a day off. We know time off is important for balance, so we have an option to buy more leave. We embrace your unique style and let you be a master of your own style with no dress code. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn to find out more!
Did I hear you say, “Who is Vocus?”
We are a challenger business in the Telco and Energy Industry. We listened to our customers and heard that they wanted more from a network, so that’s what we’ve given them.
- We built the network thanks to our own team of highly skilled fibre engineers.
- We own our network giving us easier, straightforward access.
- We manage our network here in Australia out of our Melbourne offices.