In this role you will provide service support to ensure that Vocus meets it's obligations to customers.
- Join an ambitious Telco at an exciting phase of growth
- We pride ourselves on have a great company culture
- Do it. Own it. Love it.
We are a business who is crazy about customers. We use disruptive thinking every day to ensure that we are capturing every opportunity to deliver the ultimate experience to our customers and people. We empower our people to Do it. Own it. Love it and that’s why they choose to work for us. Here, it’s never just a job – We care about what we do and the impact we have, and that’s what connects us.
What’s the opportunity?
Vocus is looking for a Network Change Engineer to provide support to ensure that we meet obligations to customers, assess risk & analyse impact of planned works schedule and coordinate planned events ensuring minimal impact to customers.
What you’ll be doing in the role:
- Assess risk and hazard level and analyse impact of change requests
- Risk Management to minimise service interruptions during planned events
- Schedule planned works in such a way that will minimize interruption to customer services.
- Liaise with customers to ensure their issues are understood and actions taken to address and escalate as per protocols
- Ensure routine, ad-hoc and emergency maintenance is scheduled and completed for the network, its facilities and systems.
- Ensure change requests are approved or reject in accordance to change management plan
- Understand impact of supply partner planned events and gather clarifications where required.
- Notify Vocus customers and stakeholders of planned events and their impact on their services.
- Allocate and ensure resources available to conduct planned activities.
- Compile and review Site Induction, Change request and Facilities Upgrade processes.
- Assist management with the provision of relevant information needed for planned outage and major incident investigation
- Ensure data is correctly and accurately entered on to the system in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all hand-over is provided to other staff where necessary
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times and ensure that all customers are treated in a polite, courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure databases are maintained to provide accurate, reliable and current information relating to customers and network
- Verify network databases when changes and amendments are implemented
- Ensure prompt reporting of any incidents that do occur and provide a prompt report, including recommendations, to the Manager, Network Operations to prevent recurrence.
***It is mandatory that you are an Australian Citizen***
- Prior change management experience (desirable)
- Prior customer service experience (essential)
- Prior experience working with network inventory, customer databases (essential)
- Good understanding of WAN Technologies – SDH, EoSDH, MPLS (desirable)
- Good understanding of Systems, Fibre & External Plant (desirable)
The extra stuff we know you want to know
We know how to celebrate our wins and we know learning from our mistakes makes us better. We are all about flexible working and, hand on heart, we practise work life balance. We high five you on your work anniversary and give you a day off. We know time off is important for balance, so we have an option to buy more leave. We embrace your unique style and let you be a master of your own style with no dress code. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn to find out more!
Did I hear you say, “Who is Vocus Group?”
We are a challenger business in the Telco and Energy Industry. We listened to our customers and heard that they wanted more from a network, so that’s what we’ve given them.
- We built the network thanks to our own team of highly skilled fibre engineers.
- We own our network giving us easier, straightforward access.
- We manage our network here in Australia out of our Melbourne offices.