To provide Big Data solutions, in-depth analysis of Technology Insights & Metrics to drive performance management and continuous improvement projects.
- Join Australia's fourth largest Telco in an exciting growth phase
- Awesome employee benefits and a dynamic team environment!
- Thrive in a company with a great working culture
Vocus is crazy about customers. We’re also crazy about our people. We empower them to Do it. Own it. Love it and that’s why they choose to work for us. Here, it’s never just a job – We care about the impact we have, and that’s what connects us. Whoever you are, you'll fit right into our team of 1500 personalities. And as you help us disrupt our industry, we’ll support you to be ‘the best you’, at Vocus and at home.
Whoever you are, you'll fit right into our team of 1,400 different personalities. We’ll support you to be the best you can be here at Vocus and at home.
What’s the opportunity?
You will be accountable for providing Big Data solutions, in-depth analysis of Technology Insights & Metrics including volumes, business drivers and root cause determinations to drive performance management and continuous improvement projects across the Assurance domains. You will have responsibility for producing well-articulated reports and analysis for the Vocus Technology group. You will be accountable to actively contribute to the key performance indicators (KPI) including both development and tracking. You will also contribute to the identification and remediation of operational and financial deficiencies resulting from KPI performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for identifying existing reporting requirements, both ad hoc and scheduled, for recipients from Operations, Technology and other Vocus businesses.
- Owning and developing Big Data sets to interrogate operational business performance
- Gathering, organising, prioritising and conducting statistical analysis and presenting the information to key stakeholders
- Provide innovative tools using advanced analytics such as predictive and machine learning techniques
- Utilising existing source data drawn from disparate systems, design, develop and maintaining standard operational reports (eg: Monthly, Weekly reporting) across Vocus Operations including Field and Facilities, Systems & Infrastructure and Network Operations
- Create and manage dashboards to communicate complex information so that broader business has visibility and understanding of Operations performance
- Support the input of key operational data into Vocus Group businesses as needed
- Plan and assist in the implementation of operational optimisation initiatives or projects related to operational changes. Provide ongoing reporting of key metrics
- Ensure maintenance of reporting security and integrity controls
- Develop and undertake or contribute to research projects
- Support the exploration of productising data analytics offerings to Vocus customers (especially wholesale service providers)
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peer groups and key internal stakeholders and the program teams internally and externally, to the achievement of required outcomes.
- Ability to lead business analysts, data scientists via contracts or ad-hoc
- 3-5+ years of experience directly related to the role
- Functional experience in the development and deployment of KPIs and have demonstrated the ability to work in a complex project environment. Strong business acumen and a willingness to learn and innovate is essential.
- Proven ability to architect, develop and automate BI and analytics solutions, iteratively build and mature dashboards
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting data/outcomes to highlight business problems, risks and opportunities
- You have also demonstrated success in developing and implementing KPI programmes, preparation of data, reports, dashboards, tool and identification of operational strengths and weaknesses.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, particularly at a senior level.
- Design, test, and implement descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive studies using appropriate machine learning and data science techniques
- Working knowledge of SQL and/or PL-SQL or similar development tools
- Strong knowledge of applications used for creating data visualisations and publishing data
- Advanced knowledge of Python, for data manipulation and extraction
- Intermediate knowledge of Google data studio, big query and related google services
- Expertise in programming languages designed to develop complex numeric applications, facilitate data analysis and created data visualisations
- Strong technical aptitude for data science (data analysis, data visualization, data structure)
- Experience in creating dynamic dashboards using Python, MySQL or similar tools
- Analysis, planning and delivery management
- Experience working with Grafana desirable
- Experience working with Elastics desirable
- Strong understanding of predictive / analytics modelling techniques, theories, principles, and practices
- Good understanding of technical ‘building blocks’ in IT
- Excellent problem-solving skills, structured and analytical approach
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands Stakeholder & People engagement
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business leaders
- Candidate must be an Australian Citizen with a 10 year checkable background for security purposes
- Inter and intrastate travel may be required <10%
The extra stuff we know you want to know
We know how to celebrate our wins and we know learning from our mistakes makes us better. We are all about flexible working and, hand on heart, we practise work life balance. We high five you on your work anniversary and give you a day off. We know time off is important for balance, so we have an option to buy more leave. We embrace your unique style and let you be a master of your own style with no dress code. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn to find out more!
Did I hear you say, “Who is Vocus?”
We are a challenger business in the Telco and Energy Industry. We listened to our customers and heard that they wanted more from a network, so that’s what we’ve given them.
- We built the network thanks to our own team of highly skilled fibre engineers.
- We own our network giving us easier, straightforward access.
- We manage our network here in Australia out of our Melbourne offices.