Production Fitter required for packaging manufacturer. Casual role with view to perm. Rotating Day & Night shifts. Immediate start. Dandenong
- Casual role with view to permanent
- Immediate start
- Rotating Day & Night shifts
- Dandenong location
A packaging manufacturer based in Dandenong is seeking experienced Production Fitter for their busy manufacturing operations.
Reporting to the Shift Leader, you will primarily be setting and operating production machinery but have the skills and ability to attend to breakdowns and carry out maintenance tasks as required, whilst maintaining quality and safety standards.
You will have:
- A trade qualification in either Fitting or Tool Making
- Proven preventative and breakdown maintenance experience in a high speed environment
- Previous machine operator experience
- Previous packaging manufacturing industry experience
- Ability to set and change over machinery
- Ability to read and understand SOPs
- Mechanical aptitude to fault find and make minor adjustments
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- High attention to detail to meet quality targets
- High safety standards
- Understanding of 5S manufacturing principles highly regarded
- Be hands-on and willing to assist on production lines as required
- A commitment to long term employment
- A current forklift licence
Rotating Day & Night shifts, Rate $40 - $43 + shift loading + overtime.
You must be either an Australian Citizen or a holder of an Australian Permanent Residency Visa to be eligible to apply for this position.