A leading Sydney based developer and asset owner has partnered with Phillip Riley to appoint a Power Systems Engineer.
- Permanent role
- Sydney or Melbourne location
- Extensive project portfolio
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Power Systems Engineer to join one of Australia's leading developers and asset owners.
The ideal candidate will be available to start immediately, have an Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree, solid understanding of power systems engineering in a large grid like the NEM, professional experience in power systems modelling utilising PowerFactory, having worked in hands-on Power System Engineer roles before, ideally in renewables and being a self-reliant, self-starter individual with great communication skills.
• Undertake network modelling studies and produce reports for renewable generation connections including: load flow studies, short circuit studies, dynamic stability analysis, power quality studies, protection coordination assessment, earthing system design
• Prepare concept designs for HV connection of renewable generation systems
• Prepare technical documentation for generator connection applications (GPS compliance reports, AEMO datasheets and RUGs)
• Maintain good working knowledge of AEMO and NSP technical standards and processes
• Liaise as necessary with clients and stakeholders including AEMO and NSPs
• Support the wider engineering team as required where specialist power systems engineering skills are required and provide technical training and support to junior engineers as required
• Undertaking project activities within the agreed time and budget
• Stay up to date with relevant industry developments and product capabilities • Experience in PSS/E and PSCAD
To register your interest, please apply online with your resume and include a cover letter outlining your strengths, career ambitions and how these can best fit this role.
For a confidential discussion about your career, please contact:
Sarah Biggs on M: +61 459 309 092 E: email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/phillip-riley