Director of Business Development - LA
The Director, Business Development, is the key stakeholder leading strategy, sales, and customer engagement for current and potential fleet partners, a critical customer base for our business. These segments will include ridesharing operators, carshare fleets, autonomous technology companies, delivery, transit, and other fleets. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic sales plan, identifying market opportunities, building the brand, and delivering revenue through all fleet related opportunities on the public network and customized dedicated solutions. She/he will also be responsible for monitoring the market, leading efforts on market and competitive intelligence, and refining product offerings as the market evolves. Based in LA, this is a National role reporting to our SVP, Business Development.
- Lead business development strategy for fleet activities.
- Direct fleet business development and customer engagement for contract negotiations and account management.
- Identify growth opportunities that will deliver value to multiple customer segments.
- Develop, maintain, and implement plans that support the strategic growth plan.
- Proactive outreach to new fleet opportunities and lead response to inbound opportunities.
- Identify and secure new business opportunities in line with the wider strategy.
- Own and deliver all fleet related RFI, RFP, and/or RFQ submissions utilizing and managing the appropriate resources.
- Manage cross functional collaboration with other team members on new product offerings, quote review approvals, proposal preparation/submissions for new contract development and other efforts
- Establish, prospect, maintain, and improve key customer relationships.
- Stay engaged and knowledgeable on market trends and changes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a Business Development/Sales Growth, Leadership role preferred.
- Program and team management experience with proactive communication style.
- Must have customer-facing experience that has delivered results.
- Preference for consulting-style or strategic partnerships experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with Customers and internal organizations, core values centered on a participative communication style that enables effective communication with all levels of the organization.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to collaborate and contribute to the success of the total business model.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Exceptional team player who can excel at working in a collegial environment was well as being a self-motivated individual contributor.
- Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to negotiate and sell successfully.
- Ability to develop and hold high level relationships and negotiations with customers.
- Experience and understanding of the fleet/mobility/cleantech industries and market trends preferred.
- Inherent strong planning, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, problem solving, and financial skills.
- Willingness to travel to engage face-to-face with customers.