Seeking an experienced Commercial Build Estimator for a great company!
- Upon starting you will be rewarded
- You must have strong Communication skills
- Industry experience is a key for this role
We have number of fantastic opportunities for an experienced Estimator (Quantity Surveyor) to join leading Commercial Project and Construction Management companies. Each is highly respected in their own right and have a number of award winning projects as part of their portfolio. Local industry contacts and an awareness of Commonwealth Government projects is preferred.
As an individual you will be loyal and will have a good length of tenure with previous employers. You will be someone who thinks outside the square and not only like new challenges but also someone who pushes themselves and strives for excellence.
Our client is a private, family-owned construction company that has been building for government and private clients since 1976. Their business is based on maintaining long-term relationships with clients, partners and subcontractors. They believe the success of every project depends on the ability of their people and the synergy of their project teams. For this reason they invest in experienced and talented individuals who reflect the company’s values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing high quality tenders
- Feasibility analysis and residential tender documentation
- Ability to produce and measure a Bill of Quantities
- Cost planning and Estimating through project life cycle
- Dealing with sub contract procurement, claims, variations
- Undertaking the valuing of variations and potential variations
- Able to confidently navigate your way around sites and provide technical knowledge to the engineering and building teams.
- Client management and relationship building
- Forecasting and client reporting
- Post construction contract administration
- Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
- Advanced Industry Software skills
- Detail focused with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to professionally and assertively convey communication to all stakeholders
- Accurately interpret architectural and engineering specifications, designs and drawings
- A clear understanding of the construction industry
- Confident, positive and driven
Please forward your resume and covering letter to Douglas Grierson and Bronwyn Archer Dawson.
GAP Resource Management is not a volume driven business, we pride ourselves on the quality of services we provide. We build careers and relationships based on integrity and trust. We will be able to assist you with 1) Resume or CV presentation, 2) Interview preparation and 3) Salary / Remuneration advice.
We are a Canberra based Recruitment Service dedicated to supporting the individual needs of those working in the Building, Construction and Technologies industries. Aligned to a specific few key Project and Construction Management companies we are committed to finding the "right" position for you.
GAP Resource Management and Living Recruitment are locally owned and operated specialist services working throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We support gender equality within the workplace, including equal remuneration between women and men.
We also encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.