Our Client has an incredible career opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join their team.
- Do you have the ability to multi-task?
- Multi million dollar projects
- Fast paced work enviroment
In representing you, we will speak to our clients in a confidential and professional manner. We will give you honest and timely feedback after each interview so that together we can build on the experience. Your personal details will not be forwarded to any company without seeking your permission; without compromise.
Simply put, GAP Resource Management combined with Living Recruitment, offer roles on that other Recruitment Agencies don't. We are one of the first technical Recruitment Consultancies in Canberra who represent the Building, Construction and Technical industries, and only work with the best. Our clients are 100% committed to their staff, safety and are at the forefront of Canberra's leading construction projects.
Our client is leading edge Developer and Construction Management company with a amazing amount of work ahead of them.
If you are a driven and energetic person, you will find a career that is challenging and rewarding with our client. Their hallmark is architecturally stunning buildings which deliver a new standard of contemporary living. They set the benchmark for high-rise residential, mixed-use and hotel accommodation, and they continue to raise the bar in terms of design, innovative materials and safety management. All of which they have been formally acknowledge in as an industry leader.
They are actively seeking a Project Engineer to join their ever expanding team. To be successful within this role you will need to have experience overseeing sub-contractors and junior members of staff while working closely with the clients to maintain these long standing, established working relationships. You will need to have relevant construction qualifications and experience in commercial/residential construction.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the Project Manager you will be responsible for managing your own trade packages
- Attending regular site meetings with Designers/consultants and subcontractors
- Complete tenders from design resolution right through to award and implementation of the selected subcontractor on site
- Understand the site rules and emergency procedures
- Monitor, review & report periodically on the progressive performance of subcontractors against the scope, program and budget
- Support the Project Manager and other employees on the project in undertaking their responsibilities
- Highlighting any issues that would have significant implication on time, cost and safety
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Have a degree in construction management or similar
- Demonstrate strong management capabilities along with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- managing the performance of external consultants and sub-contractors as required and working to tight deadlines and with competing priorities
- Be keen to progress in a diverse and growing business
Please forward your resume and covering letter to Andrew Dawson and Grace Tosic.
GAP Resource Management is not a volume driven business, we pride ourselves on the quality of services we provide. We build careers and relationships based on integrity and trust. We will be able to assist you with 1) Resume or CV presentation, 2) Interview preparation and 3) Salary / Remuneration advice.
We are a Canberra based Recruitment Service dedicated to supporting the individual needs of those working in the Building, Construction and Technologies industries. Aligned to a specific few key Project and Construction Management companies we are committed to finding the "right" position for you.
GAP Resource Management and Living Recruitment are locally owned and operated specialist services working throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We support gender equality within the workplace, including equal remuneration between women and men.
We also encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.