Seeking an experienced Safety Officer
- Be part of a highly regarded professional and experienced team
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS or equivalent required
- Great company culture
In representing you, we will speak to our clients in a confidential and professional manner. We will give you honest and timely feedback after each interview so that together we can build on the experience. Your personal details will not be forwarded to any company without seeking your permission; without compromise.
Simply put, GAP Resource Management combined with 18fifty3 and Living Recruitment offer roles that other Recruitment Agencies don't. We are one of the first technical Business Houses in Canberra who represent the Building, Construction, Engineering, Technical, Information Technology, Aviation and Healthcare industries, and only work with the best. We support gender equality within the workplace, including equal remuneration between women and men and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, persons from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Our client is a recognised leader in Project and Construction Management. They undertake residential, commercial and industrial projects, striving to build business on the performance of their delivery systems to secure repeat clients.
They are seeking an experienced Safety Officer to join their team. You must be capable of handling both commercial and residential projects. You will be managing construction crews, ensuring safety rules and regulations are followed. It is essential that you have an understanding of current legislation's, building codes and relevant standards.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the safety policies and procedures of the company
- Maintaining the companies WHS management system
- Initiate and guide all safety related tasks
- Present guidelines and orders to onsite team
- Propose safety tasks, develop training interpret regulations and undertake draft inspection standards.
- Ensure that all the safety documentation is up-to-date and ready for audits
- Carry out Health and Safety Audits, hazard and compliance audits and work place inspections
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS or equivalent
- Construction experience in a similar role is ideal
- Expert understanding of WHS Legislation and Regulations
- Articulate and professional communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion to be part of a team driving cultural change
Please forward your resume and covering letter to Andrew Dawson.
GAP Resource Management, 18fifty3 and Living Recruitment are not a volume driven business, we pride ourselves on the quality of services we provide. We build careers and relationships based on integrity and trust. We will be able to assist you with 1) Resume or CV presentation, 2) Interview preparation and 3) Salary / Remuneration advice.
We are a Canberra based Recruitment Service dedicated to supporting the individual needs of those working in the Building, Construction, Engineering, Technical, Information Technology, Aviation and Healthcare industries. Aligned to a specific few key companies, we are committed to finding the "right" position for you. GAP Resource Management, 18fifty3 and Living Recruitment are locally owned and operated specialist services working throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia.