Fantastic opportunity exists for a Quantity Surveyor / Commercial and/or Contracts Manager to join a Project and Construction Management company.
- Would you like to work for an Award Winning Construction Company?
- This is a Branch role - an incredible opportunity to take on and call your own
- Fantastic projects, great team and ongoing works already secured
In representing you, we will speak to our clients in a confidential and professional manner. Your personal details will not be forwarded to any company without seeking your permission; without compromise.
Simply put, GAP Resource Management combined with Living Recruitment and 18fifty3 offer roles that other Recruitment Agencies don't. We are one of the first technical Recruitment Business Houses in Canberra who represent the Building, Construction, Engineering, Information Technology and Aviation industries, and only work with the best.
We support gender equality within the workplace, including equal remuneration between women and men and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, persons from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Our client is an award winning company that specialises in construction around complex commercial projects, management of residential fitouts and mixed-use design developments. They provide extensive experience with residential and commercial projects consistently managing design, excellence and deliver high quality results.
This company have a lot of exciting high profile projects in the pipeline and as a result there are many future career opportunities for high performers. You will be rewarded with a very handsome salary package, excellent career prospects, a great working environment and excellent support on site. Most importantly you will get the opportunity to manage prestigious negotiated projects with high profile clients.
With ongoing work already secured, this position is to assist the team take the business to the next level. As their Branch Commercial and/or Contracts Manager you will be both acknowledged and supported as a senior member of the team but also rewarded accordingly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Feasibility analysis and Commercial and Residential tender documentation
- Ability to produce a Bill of Quantities, Measuring
- Cost planning and Forecasting
- Undertaking the valuing of variations and potential variations
- Client management and relationship building
- Forecasting and client reporting
- Post construction contract administration
- Degree or Diploma in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management/Economics is essential
- Current Professional Membership will be considered favourably but not essential
- Experience in Commercial Construction and Residential Homes estimating or cost control a must
- Good knowledge of all aspects of Commercial and Residential building construction
- Ability to accurately generate cost estimates
- Advanced user in MS Excel, Buildsoft or Timberline, or equivalent
- Accurately interpret architectural and engineering specifications, designs and drawings
Please forward your resume and covering letter to Bronwyn Archer Dawson.
GAP Resource Management is not a volume driven recruitment business. Instead it offers a "specialist" service based on integrity and trust with the proven ability to best position you for a new career. We will also be able to assist you with 1) Resume or CV presentation, 2) Interview preparation and 3) Salary / Remuneration advice.
GAP Resource Management is a Canberra based Recruitment Service dedicated to supporting the individual needs of those working in the Building, Construction, Security and Technology industries. Aligned to a specific few key Engineering Consultancies we are 100% committed to finding the "right" position for you.