Lead the team in end to end garment construction. Sports/Swimwear apparel Min 5yrs exp.
- Richmond Location
- Excellent Salary, Culture and Flexibility
- Technical design role across sportswear/swimwear
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Technical Design Manager to lead the design and development of technical product types of apparel such as crops/sport bras, seamless/shape wear, compression garments, women’s/girls swimwear, within our Sports & Outdoor division.
With your wealth of experience and knowledge in end to end management of garment construction you will report to the GM of the Division, you will be accountable for the effective management of the team, ensuring each stage of the process is communicated, up to date and readily available. Y
- Product Development - Collaborate with Designers, fabrication, spec packs, product submissions, fit sampling, quality swatches;
- Production of Specifications - Creation and update of specifications for all stages of the sampling process;
- Garment Construction and Sample Management - measurements; fits and grading accuracy;
- Production - Liaise with factory base, trouble-shooting as required;
- Administration - Accuracy of schedules, specification systems and process documented.
- Formal qualifications or relevant experience in pattern making, textiles, design and/or quality control;
- Strong understanding of sports/swimwear construction and fit;
- Demonstrated working experience min 5 years in a similar role within the fashion industry;
- Strong team leadership ability
- Ability to work within an environment with conflicting priorities, adapting to working styles to meet changing needs;
- Effective time management and commitment to working within timelines and deadlines;
- Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and in InDesign
We are proud of our workplace culture!
You will be working alongside a passionate and driven team and aligned to a business that is sure to continue growing across Australia and internationally. In addition:
- Competitive Salary;
- Flexible working environments from a modern Richmond location;
- Discounts across many of the group brands;
- A committed Events Team, ensuring collaboration/fun;
- Great career development opportunities across the group;
- Access to a variety of other PAS Group benefits.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE