Are you ready for a challenging new role? Have a passion for Family Violence Prevention? Then this Community Development opportunity is for you.
- Fixed term Contract -Tauranga
- Part -time 30 hours per week
- Leading non profit organisation
Aimed at reducing family violence in the Tauranga district, the Tauranga Moana Abuse Prevention Strategy (TMAPS) is a collaborative project providing a coordinated community and interagency response to family violence intervention and prevention.
Family Works Northern is seeking a Family Violence Response Coordinator for this unique fixed term role to work with agencies in facilitating working groups, providing case coordination and strengthening the collaboration's networks.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Knowledge of the dynamics of family violence and it's effect on individuals, whanau and communities
- Understanding of community development principles
- Proven ability to establish and maintain meaningful community relationships and networks
- Advanced facilitation skills
- Knowledge of tikanga Maori that is consistent with local tikanga and kawa
- Understanding of the local community
- An ability to develop and follow good systems and processes
- High level administrative and computer skills
A tertiary qualification relevant to the social service sector would be an advantage.
This role is for a fixed term contract finishing 30 June 2021 working 30 hours per week.
If you would like to use your knowledge, skills and heart for the community to support the prevention and intervention of Family Violence please apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a role profile or phone Nicola Ssekajja on 07 575 9709 for more information about the role.
Applications close 13th August 2020