Exciting newly created role for an experienced procurement and planning professional within this growing innovative Australian family business.
- Opportunity to build and control the procurement function
- Manage all direct spend across food, ingredients and packaging
- Western Suburbs location
This organisation is a highly successful, vertically integrated and diversified family business across retail, manufacturing and E-commerce industries within the fresh food and ingredients space. The organisations hub in Melbourne’s west, consists of their flagship manufacturing site, warehouse and fleet of delivery vehicles. This is an exciting innovative business that continues to expand both its market offering and retail footprint. Due to this continued growth, the need for a hands-on procurement leader to develop the procurement function has been made available.
As Procurement Specialist, your role will be varied across Procurement, Planning, and Purchasing/ordering. You will manage all direct spend categories including raw materials, packaging and traded goods initially for the E-Commerce platform, internal manufacturing and co-manufacture partners. This will include strategic sourcing, supplier development/vendor management, purchasing and inventory management processes.
Considering this is a relatively new function for the organisation, the Procurement Specialist will have the opportunity to create and maintain sound procurement processes ranging from procurement strategy, supplier selection and development, cost analysis, tender/RFP processes and supplier relationship management. They will also be responsible for setting procurement targets and managing the overall procurement budget.
You will play a key role in operational planning and inventory management in line with customer demand and inventory holding policies with the ultimate goal of ensuring smooth continuity of supply for all materials and products at all ends of the supply chain, at lowest cost and in specification.
Skills & Experience
- 3 years in a similar all-inclusive Procurement Specialist or leadership role preferably within food manufacturing or wider FMCG industries.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and communication skills.
- Confident user of ERP systems and Microsoft Excel for purchasing and planning tasks.
- Experience in developing and managing excellent supplier relationships.
- Have a natural ability to partner with and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Positive and energetic attitude and proven ability problem solve to deal with ambiguity in this newly created function and position.
Here at Miller Leith we are open to having a conversation about your next career move. For a brief, confidential discussion, please contact Joe Sette at email@example.com or 03 9993 0809.