Exciting opportunity to an iconic Australian food organisation and lead this large and complex food manufacturing site.
- Australian success story with well-known household brands
- Complete Strategic and Operational Site Leadership role
- Food Manufacturing experience required, Based in the Goulburn Valley
This market leading Australian organisation boast some of our most highly regarded household brands and has been well-respected within the industry for their high quality and complex manufactured products, and for their reputation for having a supportive and positive organisational culture. With multiple sites, including head office all based in Australia, the opportunity for future progression is available at all levels. They are currently searching for a new Site Manager for one of their largest sites based in the Goulburn Valley, to bring a refreshed approach to manufacturing leadership to the team.
The Site Manager will lead site-based functions across Production, Warehousing, Procurement/purchasing, Quality Assurance, Technical, Maintenance/Engineering and OHS. One of the key areas of focus will be to strengthen internal departmental relationships to create stronger collaboration between all functions.
The new Site Manager will lead a high calibre site leadership team to drive site-based manufacturing strategy, set standards, optimise processes, increase capability, productivity, visibility, maintain high product quality standards, manage operating budgets and play a key role in Safety Leadership. You will drive behaviours and culture towards innovation, continuous improvement, a solution-based focus and further driving Lean principles across the site. They will also hold key responsibility for leading Occupational Health and Safety initiatives, programs and promoting wider safety-based culture.
The Site Manager will also manage commercial and operational relationships and partnership with key manufacturing and supply partners where required.
You will also be required to bring technical manufacturing expertise, including a strong track record of delivering high Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards and LEAN Manufacturing initiatives to a site with an already strong foundation in these areas. Additionally, you will have a proven history implementing and initiating change, and process improvement through both long-term sustainable improvement and rapid transformation environments.
Skills & Experience
Tertiary qualified in Engineering, Manufacturing, or a related discipline
- Successful track record in leading unionised manufacturing sites from within the food industry.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience leading cross functional operational teams (including production, engineering and technical) strengths across manufacturing strategy, Quality Management/Systems (High-care environments Preferred), costing/manufacturing finance and change management.
- Strong coaching and mentoring and collaborative, hands-on style
- Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills at all levels required.
Here at Miller Leith we are open to having a conversation about your next career move. For a brief, confidential discussion, please contact Joe at email@example.com or 03 9993 0809.