Join an innovative Food Retail business to lead & manage all of their design, tender and construction fit outs across a portfolio of new restaurants.
- Great culture and fun environment
- Extensive growth opportunity
- National reach with interstate travel
Our client across APAC has over 60 stores, and are leading the way with new innovative concepts and partnerships across Australia, with their Head office in central Sydney, they are fun, collaborative and are known to have a progressive people focused culture.
They have a newly created position for Project Manager to join the team as they head into a creative and innovative growth journey.
Our client is on a mission to build great restaurants which are on brand and delivered on time and on budget.
The Construction & Design Project Manager oversees the design, tender, construction and fit-out of new restaurants. They are responsible for the complete project life cycle of building and fitting out new restaurants from the initial site inspections, to final handover to the Operations team and completion of defects. This includes overseeing the design process, project planning, budgeting and implementing restaurant fit outs whilst ensuring all elements within restaurant builds are met and comply with the brand design guidelines.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Overseeing the complete project life cycle of building new restaurants & refurbishing existing ones
- Leading the Development Team in the provision of excellent standards of service to the organisation
- Working with the Development Team in locating and assessing potential sites
- Liaising with the external Interior Designer to ensure plans comply with brand guidelines
- Developing short and long term plans and budgets
- Preparing the construction brief and managing the tender process
- Overseeing the delivery performance of the external builders to ensure projects are delivered on time, to brief and within budget
- managing and coordinating daily project tasks
- Liaising with the Supply department regarding the selection and procurement of furnishings and fittings
- Monitoring all financial aspects to the project, including design & construction budgets
- Maintaining all project documentation.
A key challenge of the role is to lead cost management, build and maintain strong working relationships with all internal/external stakeholders, landlords and all third party suppliers; whilst working under pressure to manage project lead times.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years food retail project management experience
- Prior experience leading multiple projects and all levels of stakeholders
- Prior Experience of cross functional communication
- Tertiary qualifications /or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability of being proactive organised and detail orientated
- Advanced excel skills
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and experience using MS Project
- Experience using Smartsheets highly desirable
- Strong commercial acumen; budget and P&L
The client is a value and people-driven business with a fun and engaging team environment. Individuals who are energetic and have a can-do attitude will thrive in this role.
- Social team environment
- Strong brand
- Interstate travel
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to manage multiple projects
- Access to EAP Program
- Partake in a Leadership development training program
- Play a key role in the expansion of a brand
- Professional Development
Here at Miller Leith we are open to having a conversation about your next career move. For a brief, confidential discussion, please contact Katie Von-Lyn at email@example.com or 0421 785 971.