An intermediate to senior level role in a leading competition team. Ideal for someone looking to step up to Senior Associate.
- Two Excellent Partners
- Competition Litigation Focus
- Awarding Winning Work Environment
Join a market-leading competition team, led by two top notch practitioners. The opportunity is for a senior solicitor level lawyer, probably keen to make the step up to Senior Associate in the short term. As well as a career step, you will be able to take a step forward into top quality work across the competition and regulatory space.
Typically you will find yourself working on the following:
- assisting clients with NZCC and FMA investigations;
- acting for clients in any resulting court proceedings;
- providing competition advice on acquisitions;
- providing general competition, FTA and securities advice to local and overseas corporate clients;
- assisting clients with leniency or co-operation applications; and
- providing training to clients on these issues.
The team has a bias towards contentious work and so litigation skills will be valuable. Competition experience will be important, but you need not be an out-and-out specialist, just someone who has a strong interest in becoming one. It is a close knit team, with hands-on partners, but the hope is that this person will develop quickly as a senior member of the team dealing with clients and with more junior lawyers.
The firm has been a leader in creating diversity in their workforce and they continue to win awards for their efforts, as well as for the work environment they have created. You will find a firm that is supportive of your professional and personal goals.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Christina Kruger on 027 293 7210 or email email@example.com
McLeod Duminy Careers is a specialist legal recruitment firm and so we understand that being a lawyer is a career and not just a job. We believe in the power of listening so that we can work with you on reaching your short, medium and long-term career goals.
For a full list of our vacancies, please see our website: www.mcleodduminy.co.nz