Assist in packaging compliance for international markets.
- Legal/Compliance background
- Competitive Salary
- Reporting to Director of Compliance
Reports to: Director of Compliance / Director of Supply Chain & Operations TBC
Assist in developing and implementing group operating guidelines, ensuring the company operates in line with its contractual agreements including the education of key stakeholders within the business. Assist in packaging compliance for international markets. Assist a wider team with compliance queries. The role will suit a process-driven, commercially minded self-starter seeking to progress their career in a progressive and forward-looking company.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the Development of Operating Guidelines
- Support in the development and maintenance of risk & internal compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the group operating guidelines and risk management programme;
Assist in Packaging Compliance for International markets
- Liaise with 3 party providers on all packaging requirements for international markets
- Disseminate information provided to ensure packaging and labelling mandatories are accurate and legally compliant.
- Be custodian of packaging and labelling standards for international markets.
Assist team in all matters of regulatory compliance
- Seek external advice if required
- Provide liaison support between departments and 3rd parties
- Prepare responses in a format team will understand
- Maintain records for future reference
- Assist in oversight and implementation of audits and projects providing independent and objective assessment of internal controls to management;
- Establish and develop solid business relationships with key function personnel.
- Assist in Management of internal audit and compliance in line with our organisational structure, terms of legal agreements and internal guidelines;
- Provision of advice and assistance on application of rules and policies for general business activities based on an understanding of the operational structure;
Training & Education
- Provide support to Director of Compliance to ensure all staff are adequately trained in line with the group operating structure, internal guidelines and annual training objectives;
- Ensure staff act in accordance with the group organisational structure and internal guidelines;
- Assist in review of new business and product initiatives for consistency with the organisation structure and internal guidelines and provide advice to the business on achieving compliance;
- Partner with other control functions (including but not limited to Innovation, Tax, Legal, Compliance etc.)
- Build and maintain transparent relationships within the Group;
- Participate in projects, practice groups and initiatives as required.
Essential Skills Required:
- Previous hands-on experience in audit or risk/compliance role
- 10-20% travel may be required
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior investigative skills
- Strong experience collaborating with other business areas to meet company objectives and strategy;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to deal effectively with senior management, administration staff, and other stakeholders as required.
Experience in the food or drinks industry would be preferred with experience in packaging compliance beneficial