A brilliant time to be joining Atlas Iron in this newly created Contracts Principal role.
- Perth based role at Atlas Head Office
- Professional and highly skilled team
- A growth focused business with a pipeline of projects
Atlas Iron is a Hancock Group Company, with the majority of its ownership held by Mrs Gina Rinehart. Atlas Iron mines and exports direct shipping ore from its Mt Webber operation in the Northern Pilbara region of WA.
Atlas Iron recently announced that it has received support from the Board to proceed with the development of two new mines – Corunna Downs and Miralga Creek, subject to regulatory approvals. Construction work at both sites is scheduled to commence in 2020.
Atlas Iron is proud of its reputation as an ethical company with a dynamic, can-do attitude. Our values form a guiding philosophy for the Company and are an integral part of Atlas’ culture.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a newly created permanent full time position which will be based in Perth, reporting to the General Counsel & Company Secretary.
You will be responsible for leading the procurement, commercial, contractual and claim aspects of service and supplier contracts for Atlas operations. This position will have a small team of contracts and procurement professionals reporting in to it, and is part of a medium sized team overall.
More specifically, but not limited to, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the key contact for all commercial aspects of Atlas operations contracts;
- Preparing and evaluating tenders for operations contracts;
- Developing a methodology for dealing with contractual matters, variation orders and claims for key operations contracts;
- Leading the evaluation and management of claims made under operations contracts;
- Proactively identifying opportunities to reduce risk and improve margin; and
- Ensuring the procurement function supports business goals and aligns with the purchasing procedure in the Contracts & Procurement Management System.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess and be able to demonstrate the following minimum requirements:
- Attainment of an academic qualification in engineering, law, quantity surveying or business or a combination of these;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership of operational contract development and hands on management of contracts, medium to high value and complexity, with exposure to the resources industry;
- Ability to develop relationships and drive favourable outcomes with contractors, suppliers and stakeholders at all levels; and
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
Atlas provides a competitive remuneration package and genuine team culture. The average tenure of its staff pays testament to the excellent team culture.
Atlas’ growth will offer an array of opportunities to great employees – there has never been a better time to join.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.