Working with manual lather, milling machines, hand and power tools, reading drawings to complete jobs and machining within tolerances
- South Auckland location
- Early Finish on Friday - 3pm
- Personal Protective Equipment provided
Our client is a NZ owned and operated company who is looking for a Fitter Turner: Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. The company also shuts down over the 3 week Christmas period.
The successful person will be required to read sketches, drawings and instructions to complete each job, have experience in using milling machines, hand and power tools and have great attention to detail for tolerances and precision. Also needed are good communication skills, an ability to comply with health and safety procedures, and fill out all necessary paperwork when jobs are complete. A keenness to be part of the team safety meetings will be an advantage.
In order to be successful in your application, you will need:
- Minimum of 2 years Continuous Lathe and/or milling machine operation
- Relevant and current trade qualifications
- Excellent English communication, both verbal and written
- CNC machine operation will be advantageous
- Forklift Licence or ability to gain licence
- Health and Safety training would be favourable
If you think you have what it takes to excel in this role, please apply with your CV and a Cover Letter outlining how your skills are relevant to the company’s requirements. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this position, please give us a call on 09 274 1127
Not the role for you? Check out our other jobs at www.aspect.net.nz to see what other roles we have available at the moment.